• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

InfiniTD

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
InfiniTD

Game style:
  • Tower Defense

Map info:
  • Challenging, endless TD.
  • 3 difficulty settings.
  • 2 game modes.

Interface:
  • energy replaces lumber
  • wave counter replaces food
  • multiboard in normal mode / multiboard + leaderboard in co-op

Features:
  • 3(+2) damage towers
  • 3 debuff towers
  • 2 buff towers
  • achievments
  • upgrades
  • easily accessible creep order description
  • the ability to sell towers (including the price of every upgrade)

Towers:
  • Annihilator: attacks ground units, deals area of effect damage
  • Spirit Gate: launches projectiles that bounce up to twice between enemies (deals half damage against immunes)
  • Arcane Turret: attacks single enemies with a chance to land critical hits
  • Plague Beetle: poisons nearby enemies
  • Armor Crusher: decreases nearby enemies' armor
  • Glacial Tower: slows nearby enemies
  • Damage Booster: increases nearby towers' damage
  • Speed Amplifier: increases nearby towers' attack rate

Upgrades:
  • attack towers can be upgraded to Lv 6
  • debuff towers can be upgraded to Lv 3
  • buff towers can be upgraded to Lv 3
  • HQ provides 4 tower-related upgrades
  • HQ has an upgrade that allows the gathering of energy
  • HQ has a Basic Upgrade (increases every tower's attack damage and speed)

Game modes:
  • Normal - be the last one to die! (4 lanes, each leading to an exit)
  • Co-Op - keep the inner "circle" at the most possible health for as long as you can! (4 lanes lead to an inner lane where creeps run in circles)

Creep order:
  • Lv 1 - Normal
  • Lv 2 - Normal
  • Lv 3 - Weak
  • Lv 4 - Normal
  • Lv 5 - Normal
  • Lv 6 - Air
  • Lv 7 - Normal
  • Lv 8 - Normal
  • Lv 9 - Immune
  • Lv 10 - Champion

• each wave has a 1% chance to include an enemy Hero

Game mechanics:
  • the maximum health of creeps increases by every wave (depending on the difficulty)
  • if a creep gets through in Normal mode, the player's health is reduced by 10% of the leaving creep's current percentage health (for example, if a 100% healthy creep gets to the exit, the player loses 10% health)
  • if a creep reaches the inner "circle" in Co-Op mode, 5% of the entering creep's current percentage health is taken from the inner lane's health - however, that health is constantly updated, and if the lane becomes empty, it goes back to 100%

Suggestions related to balancing are greatly appreciated.
Contents

InfiniTD (Map)

Reviews
15:58, 11th Jan 2012 Vengeancekael: Deleted on request.

M

15:58, 11th Jan 2012
Vengeancekael: Deleted on request.

Level 9
Map is nice.

I don't like 2 things:
- Big size only because of loading screen. (Use single image, you will have low quality LS but you will save 60% more space).

- You don't have few races of types of towers or whatever that will make game more interesting.

The size of the map is still really small, so that's not a big deal I guess.
I wanted to keep the map as simple as possible, that's why there's only a few types of towers - I guess it's more than enough.
Anyway, does any of this keep the map from getting approved?

Level 9
Well point is that I like to see unique things.
Multiboard has empty rows if players don't play and so on...

Right now it's just another tower defense.
Maybe tower models or that mineral harvesting make it unique right now.

It can be approved with some 3/5 rating right now.

The point was to create "just another" simple tower defense that has endless levels - just like the name suggests, that's the feature that's supposed to make it unique. If all the other TDs out there go into infinity then you're right, don't even approve it.
I don't really get Hive though... Sometimes it's a problem if something's too complicated, other times simplicity would get your rating down.

Level 9
I understand you, but you must understand me as well.
Map should be rated from 1 to 5, if I rate each one 5/5 then there would be no point.
Things like terrain, game modes, difficulties, different races (heroes/whatever) to play with, special events and so on increase map quality.

I never asked for a 5/5... You know what? Please delete the map.

Level 25
I never asked for a 5/5... You know what? Please delete the map.

hoho, Cheer up there fella, :p just forget about it and let it split then come back in a week, your mind should be clear and your anger should be gone.
No matter how much critic you receive, you worked hard and long on the map, do not give up on it.
What is happening is just On the Spot anger.

Level 9
hoho, Cheer up there fella, :p just forget about it and let it split then come back in a week, your mind should be clear and your anger should be gone.
No matter how much critic you receive, you worked hard and long on the map, do not give up on it.
What is happening is just On the Spot anger.

Nono, I'm not angry at all. Seriously. :D
I just want it deleted. Never really cared about TDs... :p

The only thing I dislike is me being forced to change content of MY map to get approval. It's a perfectly working map that has an epic awesome Fel Boar as a loading screen (seriously, the boar should already get me a 10/5)! ;o