• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Increasing scale of a model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hey there!

I'm using a model in my project that I'm forced to scaled over 3.0 in WE. With such a scale, the auras and missiles of the model are way too big. Is there a way to increase the scale of the model without fucking up the animations? (yeah, I've tryed 'scaling' feature in War3 Model Editor...)

Thanks in advance, and +rep for helpers!

Attachments

• GU05.mdx
    376.8 KB · Views: 65
  • Goblin.blp
    99.7 KB · Views: 109
You can just add a dummy bone on top of the bone hierarchy (so all other bones inherit from it), and give it 3x scaling for all animations. The same with global rotation, ect.

Edit: This should work.

I used Athur 12A2's fixed version, so credit him too.

Attachments

• GU05 (fixed size).mdx
    130.4 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Level 9
@Athur12A2 , thanks a lot, that's the good size! But the stand animation is slightly clipping, would it be possible to fix that if it isn't too much to ask ^^?

@The_Silent , your version is huge, it should be scaled to 0.4 in-game, what would cause the exact opposite problem I had in the beginning. But thanks anyway for the time you took.

+rep for both of you!

Level 9
Now the size is good, the size of the missile is also good, and there's no more clipping. Only the aura stays as big as the original model scaled over 3 (strange because I tried your fixed model with a scale of 1).

Status
Not open for further replies.