• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

[Solved] Increase sight radius by Item

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
How can i increase a unit's sight radius by picking up an item, And return to normal when lose that item?

There is ability, and it's even item's ability (Goblin scope) - so you can simply make use of that item :p

Although if you are looking for posibility to manipulate sight depending on state of day (day/night) you are forced to use triggers (with dummy units). Here is a little test map for such mini-system I've created some time ago.

Attachments

• Increase Visibility.w3x
    23.2 KB · Views: 47
Level 3
Thanks Spinnaker, that's good enough :)
Please allow me to use your system in my map, of course i will give credit.

There is only one way to manipulate visibility the way to change value depending on day/night (in-game state of day) - in other words you require dummy units (or visibility modifiers, although it complicates the script a bit) thus I need the reincarnation event ;)

Using only the item's ability provides constant amount for day/night. However, we can always check if the 'night is up' and replace abilities (one dummy ability for day, one for night) - but again it's more complicated than using just single unit per user.

Status
Not open for further replies.