• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

increase missile size?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Level 4
Is there a way to increase missile size?
Like on abilities for example, so for Shockwave make the missile size larger,
Its nice to be able to increase the AOE for damage and everything, but if I make level 2 400 more aoe, but the missile is the exact same size it just doesn't look right

Level 4
You'll have to edit the effect model yourself, or create/move the effect manually (ie not with the spell) since SFX can now be scaled with code.

edit the effect as in needing like a modeling program?

Level 8
Or you can increase the size of the caster to make the missile look much bigger. Although, editing the missile model seems much better imo.
Actually a funny suggestion.
Would the missile size remain large if the unit is scaled back down?
How would it even look if you quickly rescale the caster twice? Does it give off a visible flicker? :D

Level 8
I think not.

You can have a dummy unit cast the spell instead.
Oh yeah. What's the best way to interrupt the original spellcast while still triggering its cooldown and finishing the cast animation? Using a dummy spell on the original unit? I'd figure that works, but then you'd have to calculate the damage value separately.

Status
Not open for further replies.