• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Increase lumber harvest rate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi sorry I have another question today >_<,

How would I make it so that when I research say - "increase harvest speed", the speed at which my unit collects lumber increases... I'm honestly stuck on how to do this :\,

Thanks in advance for help!

EDIT: If possible, I'd like to do this via the Wisp's harvesting method

Do you want to research it like a hero ability and level up or like an upgrade?

If you want it like an upgrade just go to Object Editor and select the tab upgrade. Copy thee upgrade Improved Lumber Harvesting and paste. Rename it to match your need. Give a building the research and give the unit the upgrade in "researches used" in the unit settings.

If you want it to be an ability then you can do basically the same thing but you will need some triggers. Just use the event - A unit learns a skill. Then set the tech to a level up.

• Player - Set the current research level of Improved Lumber Harvesting to 0 for Player 1 (Red)

Level 7
wow

this is super noob. ... I mean the level of noob is so strong that I'm sure just opening world editor is a challenge for you

Honestly is a comment like this necessary? If you having nothing good to contribute then just keep it to yourself. Go comment on youtube videos like all the other haters but Hive is not the place for this.

Level 19
changing the amount of lumber harvested is an easy upgrade. just go to the upgrade section, find the upgrade for lumber, and change the upgrade data that mentions lumber harvest

or copy the ability harvest and.change the data that says harvest

Level 7
changing the amount of lumber harvested is an easy upgrade. just go to the upgrade section, find the upgrade for lumber, and change the upgrade data that mentions lumber harvest

or copy the ability harvest and.change the data that says harvest

I'm not saying its not easy and I completely agree with you that it is a simple task. I'm saying that your comments create a negative environment for people to ask for help. This forum is dedicated to helping people solve problems and I'm sure you may have had questions before in the past that more experienced people thought were easy. Just keep it to yourself so that it creates a friendlier place for everyone.

BTW I didn't actually know about the upgrade because I never played the warcraft games much and the maps that I create are not based on gather resources through harvesting. I have made pretty complex triggers for spells and was useful for me to know this if I ever decide to make a map like that or help someone else who needs to know.

Level 2
I'm after changing the collection speed, not the collection amount.. I'm able to change the amount, just not the actual speed that it harvests = =

Level 2
Do you want to research it like a hero ability and level up or like an upgrade?

If you want it like an upgrade just go to Object Editor and select the tab upgrade. Copy thee upgrade Improved Lumber Harvesting and paste. Rename it to match your need. Give a building the research and give the unit the upgrade in "researches used" in the unit settings.

If you want it to be an ability then you can do basically the same thing but you will need some triggers. Just use the event - A unit learns a skill. Then set the tech to a level up.

• Player - Set the current research level of Improved Lumber Harvesting to 0 for Player 1 (Red)

I'm after say researching it in a building, but I don't know how to make the event increase the harvest speed :S, thanks for your reply though

Level 18
If you want to make it through upgrades:
Go on the harvest ability, and add few levels to it, and for each level change the duration-normal.
Then, create a new upgrade with the effect "increase ability level", and in the fields choose your harvest ability and level increase

Level 11
Which harvest are you asking about? Is it the Wisp's harvest or Standard Harvest?

With the standard harvest, you have to change the "Damage to Tree" field to make it get to the Capacity quicker. The actual time it takes to hit the tree is based off of the Harvester unit's attack speed, if I remember correctly.

EDIT*
nevermind, I just saw where you said the Wisp's harvest
I think you change the "Interval Before Changing Trees" Field. 5 is the default, to make it faster I believe you lower that number.

Level 3
The Wisp Harvest ability doesn't actually care about any levels apart from level 1. When I had a similar problem with my map, I ended up just triggering it.

The alternative that I tried before that was the use Chaos to change the units into another unit with an upgraded harvest. Unfortunately this forces the units to jump off the trees for a split second and sometimes they jump too far away from the tree to get back on the right one.

So yeah, the only answer I've found is triggers or try another method of increasing lumber harvesting.

Level 2
The Wisp Harvest ability doesn't actually care about any levels apart from level 1. When I had a similar problem with my map, I ended up just triggering it.

The alternative that I tried before that was the use Chaos to change the units into another unit with an upgraded harvest. Unfortunately this forces the units to jump off the trees for a split second and sometimes they jump too far away from the tree to get back on the right one.

So yeah, the only answer I've found is triggers or try another method of increasing lumber harvesting.

This is exactly what I tried and yeah, that's why I put the question here haha, seems I'll just have to increase the amount harvested :S, because the trigger is rather inconvenient. Thanks for understanding :)

Level 7
Seems like this solution is not so easy after all.'

Not sure if this applies but some abilities are not leveled correctly as they were supposed to only have one level. I think this can be bypassed for some spells by removing them (or disabling them??) then re-adding (or enabling) to get the correct level. You could try that after adjusting level of harvest. Use a check that displays the current level of the ability to see if the level is actually changing.

Im pretty sure that for harvest you just change the duration. A shorter duration will result in a faster gather

EDIT: I decided to just make it for you. Just ask if you have any questions.
View attachment Increase Harvest.w3x

Last edited:
Level 2
Seems like this solution is not so easy after all.'

Not sure if this applies but some abilities are not leveled correctly as they were supposed to only have one level. I think this can be bypassed for some spells by removing them (or disabling them??) then re-adding (or enabling) to get the correct level. You could try that after adjusting level of harvest. Use a check that displays the current level of the ability to see if the level is actually changing.

Im pretty sure that for harvest you just change the duration. A shorter duration will result in a faster gather

EDIT: I decided to just make it for you. Just ask if you have any questions.
View attachment 150890

Thank you so very much for this! Have a good day and once again thanks for your help ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.