• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] In range of unit/destructible question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
  • Destructible - Pick every destructible within (300.00 + 400.00) of (Position of (Targeted unit)) and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • Animation - Change (Targeted unit) flying height to 460.00 at 5.00

The statement above has a range of 300.00 + 400.00

Other trigger statements similar:

Unit - A unit comes within 256.00 of Gold Mine 0012 <gen>

Where the range is 256.00.

My Question is what does the number 256 mean in the editor?

Lets say I have medium grids on in the editor how does 256 relate to the number of grid squares?

I'm getting rather tired with testing the map over and over again trying to find a range or the distance that I can relate to in the editor.

Level 8
On the medium grid, one tile is 128x128.

By the way, near the bottom left of the WE (on the bottom bar), there's the x/y/z coordinates of your mouse.

I know about the x/y/z that tells me where my mouse is on the map. I just did not know how that related to the ranges in triggers, objects blah.

I spent several hours last night doing direct (straight) range finding using small doodads and texture tiles where grids are. running my unit back and forth waiting for my trigger to tell me the range... so much fun.

The closest I got is that one large grid is 600 from side to side, one medium grid is about 150. Close enough for government work :grin:

So at 128 x 4 (to make a large grid) it comes out to 512?
and 128 divided by 4 comes out to 32...

Not really nice easy numbers to work with.

Level 40
Those numbers are actually really easy to work with...

32 = 2^5

128 = 2^7

512 = 2^9

-.-

And if you want to approximate, I would do 1 med = 125, 1 small = 25, 1 large = 500.

I know about the x/y/z that tells me where my mouse is on the map. I just did not know how that related to the ranges in triggers, objects blah.
All the distances are in the same units.

Status
Not open for further replies.