• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

In need of some spells

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
Hey everybody, i am in need of someone to make some spells for 2 of my heroes for my project. I dont want any crappy half made spells, i want someone that CAN make good GUI spells (needs to be MUI ofc). They shall have 5 levels, and be easy for me to edit (at least easy to edit damage/range/blabla that kinda stuff). You will get +rep (if you care about rep) and ofc my biggest gratitude and thanks in my map :). Anyways enough talking, here are the spells i need:
------------------------
Magic Shield (passive, only 1 level on this one) - gives a 10% chance to refelct magic damage back at source.

DONE Power of Blood - increases all damage dealt by 10/20/30/40/50% for 10 seconds. Also grants 50% splash damage (200 AOE) for the duration. 30 seconds CD.

DONE (ultimate)Mana Burst (want this as a "target point spell" (or what is called)) - drains 10% mana from all nearby units (including Loeran himself) and deals damage to all nearby enemies, equal to amount of mana drained.

DONE Magic of Quel'thalas - each time Loeran casts a spell, he has a 10% chance to heal himself or any other random ally in 300 radius for 300 hp.

Vengeance - for next 12 seconds, all damage dealt by Loeran will be counted. After that 12 seconds expire, all that damage will be increased by 10/12/14/15/20% and added to Loeran's next attack. 25 seconds CD.
-------------------------------------------
DONE Minor (one level)- Spair Potions
Effect - Is capable of buffing allies or cursing enemies. On allies it either heals them by 10% of both life and mana or buffs them with additional armor (+3) and damage (+10%) for a while. On enemies it either curses them with a chance to miss (20%) or slowing (25%) all enemies around the target including himself.

DONE (target spell)- Cursed Batch
Effect - Deals damage. Either does medium (250) AOE damage (75/125/200/250/300), or else does huge damage over time as slow poision (30/50/70/90/120/sec over 4 seconds).

DONE- Ale of Clarity
Effect - Creates a ward which is easy to kill but all nearby friendly units get increased armor and damage when near it. If a enemy kills the ward, it gets cursed with lowered damage and armor for a period of time.

- Herbal Wine
Effect - When targeting ground creates a unit with low health (100/200/300/400/500), high evasion (30/40/50/60/70%)and high damage (50/70/90/110/130 hero damage 1 sec cd on attack) that lasts for 10 seconds. When targeting a unit, has a small chance (1/3/5/7/9 %) to instantly kill the unit, otherwise creates a temporary illusion of the unit (100 % dmg, takes 400 % damage) and slows its movement speed (5/10/20/30/40 %) for 5 seconds. On heroes it cuts stats by 5/10/15/20/25 % for 5 seconds. The slow will affect the hero also.

(4 levels-ultimate) - Drinks of Legend
Effect - Targets every enemy heroes and allied heroes within 1200 range. On allied heroes it raises the heroes stats by 10/20/30/40 % for 20 seconds. When that buff runs out they get healed by 20 % of their max hp. On enemy heroes it causes the hero to lose 10/20/30/40 % of its stats over 20 seconds and when that buff runs out the hero takes damage equal to 20 % of their max hp.

Last edited:
Wuhhh...

Some crazy ideas you have there :D

The main problem is that the most of the spells aren't "instant cast" that means that they take effect over time. And that's to much for me :<

Thou, I don't know if I'll have some free time in the future at least not to the end of the school.

Count me in as "maybe" for the:

Cursed Batch
Magic of Quel'thalas

These two looks like an instant cast spells. ^^

~Berz

Done. Magic of Quel'thalas.

Do you need tooltips too? I can explain how it works...

You will open the map and you'll see conditions...

Replace those abilities with yours.

"chance" is the base chance 10%
"chance_2" is a 50:50 if it heals the caster or random unit

You will manage the rest?

• Magic of Quelthalas
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • ((Ability being cast) Equal to War Stomp) or (((Ability being cast) Equal to Thunder Clap) or ((Ability being cast) Equal to Battle Roar))
    • Actions
      • Set Caster = (Triggering unit)
      • Set Buff = Magic of Quel'thalas
      • Set Point = (Position of Caster)
      • Set Chance = 10.00
      • Set Chance_2 = 50.00
      • Set Area_of_Effect = 300.00
      • Set Heal = 300.00
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Random real number between 0.00 and 100.00) Less than or equal to Chance
          • (Caster has buff Buff) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (Random real number between 0.00 and 100.00) Less than or equal to Chance_2
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Set life of Caster to ((Life of Caster) + Heal)
              • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of Caster using Abilities\Spells\Human\HolyBolt\HolyBoltSpecialArt.mdl
              • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
            • Else - Actions
              • Set Group = (Units within Area_of_Effect of Point matching ((((Matching unit) is A structure) Equal to False) and ((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and (((Owner of (Matching unit)) is an ally of (Owner of Caster)) Equal to True))))
              • Set Picked_Unit = (Random unit from Group)
              • Unit - Set life of Picked_Unit to ((Life of Picked_Unit) + Heal)
              • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of Picked_Unit using Abilities\Spells\Human\HolyBolt\HolyBoltSpecialArt.mdl
              • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_Group)
        • Else - Actions
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Point)

But tell me first if you need tooltips? Else I won't attach the map jet...

Edit:

If you want i can make it multi leveled like:

Level 1 aoe 300 heal 300
Level 2 aoe 400 heal 350
Level 3 aoe 500 heal 400

etc...

Here you go, it's easy to modify, but still if you would like to add/change something say so.

Oh, and read the REDME (you will open the spell and you'll see) :D

• Events
  • Magic of Quelthalas
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • ((Ability being cast) Equal to War Stomp) or (((Ability being cast) Equal to Thunder Clap) or ((Ability being cast) Equal to Battle Roar))
    • Actions
      • Set Caster = (Triggering unit)
      • Set Buff = Magic of Quel'thalas
      • Set Ability_Level = (Level of Magic of Quel'thalas for Caster)
      • Set Point = (Position of Caster)
      • Set Base_Chance = 5.00
      • Set Bonus_Chance = 5.00
      • Set Total_Chance = (Base_Chance + (Bonus_Chance x (Real(Ability_Level))))
      • Set Chance_2 = 50.00
      • Set Base_Area_of_Effect = 100.00
      • Set Bonus_Area_of_Effect = 100.00
      • Set Total_Area_of_Effect = (Base_Area_of_Effect + (Bonus_Area_of_Effect x (Real(Ability_Level))))
      • Set Base_Heal_Amount = 100.00
      • Set Bonus_Heal_Amont = 100.00
      • Set Total_Heal_Amount = (Base_Heal_Amount + (Bonus_Heal_Amont x (Real(Ability_Level))))
        • If - Conditions
          • (Random real number between 0.00 and 100.00) Less than or equal to Total_Chance
          • (Caster has buff Buff) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (Random real number between 0.00 and 100.00) Less than or equal to Chance_2
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Set life of Caster to ((Life of Caster) + Total_Heal_Amount)
              • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of Caster using Abilities\Spells\Human\HolyBolt\HolyBoltSpecialArt.mdl
              • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads (+ + (String((Integer(Total_Heal_Amount))))) above Caster with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (80.00%, 100.00%, 0.00%), and 0.00% transparency
              • Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
              • Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 64.00 towards 90.00 degrees
              • Floating Text - Change the fading age of (Last created floating text) to 3.00 seconds
              • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 5.00 seconds
            • Else - Actions
              • Set Group = (Units within Total_Area_of_Effect of Point matching ((((Matching unit) is A structure) Equal to False) and ((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and (((Owner of (Matching unit)) is an ally of (Owner of Caster)) Equal to True))))
              • Set Picked_Unit = (Random unit from Group)
              • Unit - Set life of Picked_Unit to ((Life of Picked_Unit) + Total_Heal_Amount)
              • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of Picked_Unit using Abilities\Spells\Human\HolyBolt\HolyBoltSpecialArt.mdl
              • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads (+ + (String((Integer(Total_Heal_Amount))))) above Picked_Unit with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (80.00%, 100.00%, 0.00%), and 0.00% transparency
              • Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
              • Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 64.00 towards 90.00 degrees
              • Floating Text - Change the fading age of (Last created floating text) to 3.00 seconds
              • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 5.00 seconds
              • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_Group)
        • Else - Actions
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Point)
Edit:

For that Cursed Batch... hmm I don't get any idea how to bring that slow poison up upon units :< I'll rethink it tomorrow..

~Berz

Attachments

• Request spells.w3x
    35.9 KB · Views: 63
Level 28
Mana Burst (want this as a "target point spell" (or what is called)) - drains 10% mana from all nearby units (including Loeran himself) and deals damage to all nearby enemies, equal to amount of mana drained.
I would like more details regarding the AoE etc etc

Well, here we go:
9112391825068218651200957.jpg

BTNOrbOfVenom.png
The hero spawns a ball of energy which drains 10% mana of all nearby units.
The ball moves towards the targeted point and explodes when it reaches that point, dealing the drained amount of mana to every enemy unit nearby
Damage: -
Range: 700
Type: Active
Cooldown: 8s

If you want anything changed, send ma a pm ;)

Attachments

• Manaburst.v1.0-S.w3x
    44 KB · Views: 86
  • Manaburst.v1.1-S.w3x
    44.2 KB · Views: 51
  • Manaburst.v1.15-S.w3x
    45.6 KB · Views: 51
  • Manaburst.v1.16-S.w3x
    45.4 KB · Views: 77
  • Manaburst.v1.17-S.w3x
    46 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Level 16
I finished ''Ale of Clarity'' spell.

1. Create ward dummy unit with Devotion & Command aura
2. Create dummy caster with cripple (Damage Reduction) and Acid Bomb (Armor Reduction)
3. Implement this trigger (Unit Create trigger):
  • Ward Create
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to <Summon Ward>
    • Actions
      • Set TempPoint = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Unit - Create 1 <Ward> for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at TempPoint facing Default building degrees
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)
4. Add this trigger also:
  • Ward Curse
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Attacked unit)) Equal to (==) Footman
    • Actions
      • Set TempPoint = (Position of (Attacking unit))
      • Unit - Create 1 <Dummy> for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at TempPoint facing Default building facing (270.0) degrees
      • Unit - Order (Last Created unit) to Undead Necromancer - Cripple (Attacking unit)
      • Set TempPoint = (Position of (Attacking unit))
      • Unit - Create 1 <Dummy> for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at TempPoint facing Default building facing (270.0) degrees
      • Unit - Order (Last Created unit) to Neutral Alchemist - Acid Bomb (Attacking unit)

Level 1
For that Cursed Batch... hmm I don't get any idea how to bring that slow poison up upon units :< I'll rethink it tomorrow..
You could create a dummy unit with slow poison, and order the dummy unit to attack the target of the spell once, and then remove the dummy. This would cause slow poison on a target.

Level 17
ok ....still it is little impossible to do this.....i have done ti and it worked but : LAGG!!!!
{EDIT}
i have DONE it (works with ranged too, and only one ability used, no lagg)

Attachments

• Power of Blood.w3x
    26.2 KB · Views: 41
Level 25
I tried it, its perfect :D. Just two things would be good if you fixed,
1. atm the target you attack, also get the splash damage on him, so he takes huge damage.
2. Also, the slpash damage has like 0,5 seconds delay, so the attacked unit takes damage, and 0,5 seconds after, the units around takes damage.
Otherwise it was great, and i can go with the second problem, but i cant have the target of the attack first take damage from the attack, and then get damage from the spell also :)

Level 17
no problem....(well it was problem to figure out how to count hero's damage dealt...but i learned something today...I didn't know how to use specific unit event so i created add event action when unit is attacked...) .....i will look later on other spells you need... maybe i could make some of them...now i have to do some jobs for my father....

Last edited:
(target spell)- Cursed Batch
Effect - Deals damage. Either does medium (250) AOE damage (75/125/200/250/300), or else does huge damage over time as slow poision (30/50/70/90/120/sec over 4 seconds).

Ok, I need more info on this:
-Is it target unit/target ground?

-Slow poison, deals damage only inside AoE 250/ or it deals damage to all units that has been in that area when spell was casted?

-Over 4 seconds? I would make it 6 minimum and lower the damage

-Must units be slowed (as a secondary effect)?

~Berz

Level 25
-Target unit, and if the AOE effect trigger, make some blast on the target and then deal to enemies nearby

-slow posion, only deal damage to the target if that triggers

-Nothing is called, do as you think is best :)

-Unit that gets posion should NOT be slowed, only damage as slow posion, like damage over time ;)

Level 17
Minor (one level)- Spair Potions
Effect - Is capable of buffing allies or cursing enemies. On allies it either heals them by 10% of both life and mana or buffs them with additional armor (+3) and damage (+10%) for a while. On enemies it either curses them with a chance to miss (20%) or slowing (25%) all enemies around the target including himself.

I have question too....
Is this like target ground spell or no target spell which picks units in AoE and then if the picked unit is ally buffed.....if picked unit is enemy cursed.....???
And can it pick both allies adn enemies and do two effects? on each one effect...
....and that either it is healed or added armor bonus and damage...is that like 50% chance to heal and 50% chance to add 3 armor and 10% damage????

Level 25
hmm not really :p Its a target spell that does damage over time OR aoe damage :) Like 50/50, one of those effects.

so 50% aoe/50 % damage over time.

And yea, if AOE= some posion blast/explosion and if Damage over time= just some minor posion effect.

And calex: umm,,, Is this like target ground spell or (Like this)--->|no target spell which picks units in AoE and then if the picked unit is ally buffed|<---. yea make it 50/50, and on the negative buffs make it 50/50 too.

Level 17
hmm....that was the problem at first place.....
Here is the problem:
I am using Set life of Target to[Life of Target - (POB_Splash*POB_Damage)]
Because if i use this : Cause Damage source to damage Target dealing...........
Then Trigger will be activated again cuz Event says that Unit-Unit takes damage
If i am using Damage target action it will damage it again so it will be counted as attack.... and more damage will be dealt....
Btw your warcarft III will lagg and may cause game crush...

Level 17
maybe some JASSer could help....i dont know really, but maybe in JASS there is a function that doesn't requires Event-Unit Takes Damage.....function which can count hero's damage....
EDIT: maybe you can create dummy which will deal damage to target...and dummy will be owned by caster of POB...
Try this!

Attachments

• Power of Blood.w3x
    26.7 KB · Views: 48
Here you go. If the damage isn't working for you (its to weak/to strong) You can easy modify it =)

Oh, I can still change it if I missed something or did anything wrong 8)

Cursed Batch

Strikes the target with powers of shadows and poison, dealing high amount of damage to single target or deals minor damage over time to all enemy units in the area.

Primary Damage: 125/175/225/275/325 [Instant damage]
Secondary Damage: 7/14/21/28/35 [Damage over time]
Area of Effect: 250 [Same on all levels]
Duration: 6 seconds [Same on all levels]
~Berz

Attachments

• Request spells[v0.2].w3x
    37.1 KB · Views: 52
Oh, right... I knew I forgot something, someone came when I was just on that line and when I came back I forgot to add that stupid little line :<

Fixed in a second...

Now it should work. Just added one silly line :D

Edit:

But note this is not MUI nor MPI in any way, so really make sure that there is only one unit with this spell on the map, and that ability cooldown is longer than 6 seconds.

Edit II:

If you wish, I can make variable for duraion so you can easy set it for your needs...

Edit III:

Aded an option to set duration [attached v0.4 map]

~Berz

Attachments

• Request spells[v0.3].w3x
    37.2 KB · Views: 41
  • Request spells[v0.4].w3x
    37.1 KB · Views: 49
Level 14
-------------------------------------------
Minor (one level)- Spair Potions

I did this one for you. You probably dont need it as much, but it was a long one and i was bored :p. You can easily change the duration\data just by changing the dummy units. Spell is MUI, leakless and lagless. Hope its what you wanted. Tell me if I need to change anything.

Attachments

• Spare Potion.w3x
    30.7 KB · Views: 67
Level 14
1. I could heal enemy targets, eh?

Uhm..nope...I tested it x20 times on a damaged target, the only thing that happened was slow and curse :p

2. The slow lasted for at least 20 seconds, or something ^^

3. make the duration of slow/armorattackdamage/miss to 6 seconds

Like I said, you can easily change the duration and the amount, by going through the Dummy Spells and setting for eg: Stats - Duration Hero: 6 and Stats - Duration Unit: 6. =D

Edit: I changed it for you anyway =D

Attachments

• Spare Potion.w3x
    30.6 KB · Views: 88
Status
Not open for further replies.