• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Importing, Tried Everything...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi
I've been trying to import various skins, but for me, they just won't apply to the unit it used. I've searched through the forum and tried everything each importing post said. Maybe I'm doing something wrong..

Import the blp (have tried both downloaded and my own), name the custom path in the import manager to the unit's path (ex. units/NightElf/Archer/Archer.blp), and have also tried naming the blp file to what it was saved as (ex. units/NightElf/Archer/Differentname.blp). Also tried Textures/Archer.blp or Textures/Differentname.blp. I've even tried different capitalizations. Have tried to apply skins to units other than Archer too.

Restarted world editor. Placed a few of the unit I tried to apply the skin to, with no luck of course.

I've even tried reinstalling world editor, of course that didn't work. Any help to fix this would be great...

Level 1
Yeah, like I said, I've tried that path too. Also, I have WC3 Viewer, that's how I've been testing out how the skins look before I import them.

One thing I noticed is on a sorceress skin, nothing will be applied unless its named BloodElfSorceress.blp. Any other name, including sorceress.blp, doesn't work.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
That depends. There is an option named "extra version" or something like that. Remember that high elven priests and sorceress had white capes in reign of chaos? And in The Frozen Throne the priest has a grey/black cape for example. If you apply bloodelfsorceress, the skin will be applied on the sorceress of TFT. And so on.

-Rui

Level 1
i've been having the same problem when importing. i downloaded a grunt skin, imported, put the correct path from wc3viewer, restarted, and it isnt applying :(

Level 1
Well... thats the thing. I just found out ghoul skins will work with the usual procedure, sorceress skins need to be named bloodelfsorceres.blp, but other than that, nothing else works. I've tried many archer skins, none working, tried abom skins, none work, so I highly doubt over 10 skins are corrupted...

Level 1
Well I don't mind using bloodelfsorceress as the file name for sorceress skins, I just want to be able to use a skin for units other than ghouls and sorceresses, and no, I don't use unlimited.

Status
Not open for further replies.