• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Importing spells...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey again guys :grin:!

So... I got 2 maps. 1 with finished terrain, the other one with finished units and spells. And I want to gather these two into 1 map.
And (ofc), I tried a little bit for myself to solve things out... but when I import / export files from the one to the other, things get messed up (especially spells - as icon, name and text dissapears [I got over 100 spells :O])!

Could anyone please tell me a different solution to my problem? Other than the slow copy-paste-method... That would be great ;)

(And no, I am not lazy) :thumbs_up:

~Razorwind~

Level 37
Do you have any custom objects or triggers in the terrained map?

First import all custom stuff that you have in import manager.

Then you can go to object manager and select "export all object data". Save the file domewhere. Then switch to your terrained map, and select "import all object data". Then everything will be imported. But beware that this will erase all previous object data in your terrained map.

Lastly, you can do the same for triggers, but once again this will delete all previous triggers.

Level 3
Do you have any custom objects or triggers in the terrained map?

Yup, but nothing I easily can't replace.

Then you can go to object manager and select "export all object data". Save the file domewhere. Then switch to your terrained map, and select "import all object data". Then everything will be imported. But beware that this will erase all previous object data in your terrained map.

As I haven't tried the objects yet, I don't know how that turns out. However, I did try the ability and buff section, and it resulted in that each spell and buff got their custom names and text descriptions removed, and I'll have to type em in once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.