• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Importing Problem (not n00b thou)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
I frequently have problems importing models. Ive made warcraft maps for a few years now, ive sucessfully imported many models before, but ive unsucessfully tried to import even more models.

Recently, ive run throu a rediciulous amount of failed models, and i thought it was time to ask people if im doing anything wrong.

In the past 7 models ive tried to download, i always end up getting that dreaded green/black cube (i hate that thing so much).

1. i take the model, put it in a folder.
2. open up a blank war3 map (to test if model works)
3. unload 2-3 models at a time, and take out war3imported/
4. save and close
5. open it up, attach the models to units, and i get that horrible box.

Ive also tried just importing 1 at a time, diddnt work
Ive also tried just testing the map anyway, ignoreing the green/black box, and that diddnt work.

If it helps, these models were from Olofman and Illiden(evil)x, dateing from 2005-2006. so do like older models not work anymore? am i missing a key step? or is this just an unexplained horrible gross disaster...thing... :p

Level 9
Model Help

You may not have the skins for the models, or they might not be correctly pathed. You might need to restart the World Editor to see you models.

Level 11
thats what i meant by "save and close". save world editor, close it, and re-open WE up to find my green and black box when i place them on the map :/

is there somthing that could help me with NewGen. does that have a model importer that might work better then the standerd war3 WE one?

and the thing about the skins not being correctly pathed, what are the chances that they wouldnt work for the past 7 models? keep in mind that i put them on the model that was most likely to be its best working skin (for example, i put a clone trooper on a rifleman)

Level 9
thats what i meant by "save and close". save world editor, close it, and re-open WE up to find my green and black box when i place them on the map :/

is there somthing that could help me with NewGen. does that have a model importer that might work better then the standerd war3 WE one?

and the thing about the skins not being correctly pathed, what are the chances that they wouldnt work for the past 7 models? keep in mind that i put them on the model that was most likely to be its best working skin (for example, i put a clone trooper on a rifleman)

You could HTML the models.

Status
Not open for further replies.