• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

importing images

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
hello, im having some troubles importing images into wc3, which might be displayed while in game, through and action.

can some one show me the steps please?(or send me to a tutorial cuz i didn't saw any)

i want to take the .tga to wc3 so i can use it as map (u trigger something and the map appear/disappear)

Level 17
The trigger you most likely need is:
  • Melee Initialization
    • Events
      • <Your Event>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Cinematic - Apply a filter over 2.00 seconds using Normal blending on texture <Your Imported Image>, starting with color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) and 100.00% transparency and ending with color (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) and 0.00% transparency
There is also a trigger inside the cinematic that can hide/show filters.

For the image extension... well to be honest I don't know, u could try importing a TGA file first, if it can not use that convert it to BLP.
That should do it. =)

Level 17
Well, then you should request somebody to convert it for you! =D
I can't do it however, my Vista sucks and there is no program that will work for me to convert TGA to BLP.... =:(

Anyway, request somebody to turn it into a BLP and use the trigger I mentioned. =)

Good luck with your map!

Status
Not open for further replies.