• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Importing Attachment Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Yes, yes, I know there probably is a tutorial on this but I couldn't find it. HOW DO I IMPORT HELMET ATTACHMENTS TO MY MARINE. (im trying to import the jin-roh helm) this was my trigger:

Events
Map initialization
Conditions
(Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Nazi Gasmask Marine
Actions
Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the head of (Triggering unit) using Jinroh Helmet.mdx

I only want this helmet to be on certain units HELP!

Last edited:
Level 7
go here, http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45129
you could make a "helmet" ability and just give it to the "Nazi Gasmask Marine" -that way all units of that type will have the ability
i believe the attachment would be "head" but i could be wrong
this will permanently put the chosen attachment on any unit who has the ability

-if you want to make the helmet able to be removed and put back on you should use it as an item attachment instead of an ability attachment -doing this will cause any unit who is holding the item to display the helmet, and remove the helmet if the item is droped

you do not need a trigger

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.