• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Imported Costom Shadows not working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hi there, I made my own maddow texture based of the Arcane University Shadow, I imported it and changed path to: ReplaceableTextures\Shadows\ShadowMeadHall.blp

But for some reason this shadow won't show up at all in the editor or ingame? Never done costum shadows before so am I doing something wrong?

Please help

Level 25
I think you need to overwrite a shadow for it to work, so the shadow Path should be something like "ReplaceableTextures\Shadows\Farm.blp"

or something similiar, I don't have the Editor open.

Level 7
This is strange, it seems it's my Shadow file thats the problem not the import path, it won't even work in WC3 viewer, just shows as blank.

I tried exporting an existing shadow as BMP, I didnt make any changes to it then converted it back to BLP and it still wouldnt load in WC3 viewer? I tried this with BMP and TGA files.

I tried extracting it without converting it and it can load that so it seems to me like the problem's created during the BLP conversion?

I've attached a shadow BLP that I havnt made any changes to below, if you try and convert this into tga,bmp or jpeg to edit it it won't load when you try to view in Warcraft Viewer :(

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=kmvfxf

Status
Not open for further replies.