• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Import problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yum

Yum

Level 3
Lately whenever I put the easter bunny (from Blizzard's Funny Bunny Egg Hunt) model and one of the egg houses in my map it just shows up as green checkered box, but I have checked the file paths plenty of times and they should be correct.

Also, whenever I load the Egg Hunt map in the editor the same thing seems to happen. However, when I test map the Egg Hunt the models show up in-game, whereas with a different map they show up as just shadows.

Help?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Models do not always show up in WE, as long as it shows up ingame then there is no problem.
Try saving and restarting WE, this often fixes the problem.

If the model does not show up ingame, make sure the skin paths are correct and the imports have not become curropt (happens often).

What I think is happening with you is that you have loaded your map, imported the models then looked at the orignal map, but since you freshly imported them the model does not load propperly so the next map that uses that model of the same name also looks like the model did not load properly. Try loading blizzards map first then your own and see if it still happens.

Last edited:

Yum

Yum

Level 3
Okay, sorry I am still confused. While yes, after loading the the funny bunny map first and then my map, the imported things did show up in the editor. However, they did not stay that way nor were they visable in-game.

I have gone over this about 50 times now, I checked the file paths and made sure they were all right. I used wc3viewer to see if I was using all the right textures/paths for the models. I re-exported and imported the models twice now in case they were corrupted or some such, but every time I get the same result. I always save the map right after I import the files, then close and re-open the editor to see if this worked.

If it's of any help, I forgot to mention that I have always been able to view the Funny Bunny portrait model in the object editor, but I can never view the actual model or the egg house.

Although I haven't tried using other models recently, the last time I did was in an earlier version of the map I'm making (which included the bunny stuff as well and had the same problem) and the other models/skins worked fine.

Hlp?:(

Level 19
<off-topic> cool so they are [rainbow][/rainbow] tags
[rainbow] YEEEY [/rainbow] </off-topic>

Open the import editor of Egg Hunt map
copy the paths and use them on your map
Test your map
if they work on game dont ask anything else
if they dont call, a ghost buster

Status
Not open for further replies.