• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Import Model Help when the Tutorial isn't enough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello, I'm having a problem importing models that I have saved off this website. It seems that some models work, and others don't. The ones that don't I'll get the green checkered box and a "can not load whatever.mdl

I'll even rename the file as listed and nothing works. Oddly enough, the ones that do work I usually don't have to rename the file path for.

My next question is why is it that some of the files that come with the model are highlighted yellow and others not? Do I need to download the non-highlighted files from somewhere else?

And my 3rd question, I've found you can download just new weapons. But how do I have a unit carry this weapon instead of the old one?

Many thanks to any help.

Level 25
The yellow highlighted ones are the ones that come with the model. The non-yellow ones are the ones that are already ingame. However, there have been some errors with that lately, with some in the game having to be imported

Level 2
Some models just don't work, because they arn't tested in game or in the world editor like Afroknight's Death Knight model.

Level 2
I'm having the same problem. The only skin I am able to get working is the Ninja one and thats only because in the readme.txt it tells you the exact path for the .blp version of the Ninja file but I can't seem the understand how it works. When I try another model lets say for instance the Sephiroth model, I have no idea what the path is or even what its based upon anymore. I have wc3 viewer and most people just tell me to find the path for it in there but where exactly am I supposed to look? All I see with the (ctrl + F) search menu is standard wc3 models but never any of the custom models I import. What am I doing wrong here? :(

Level 2
Ya i really wanted the Link Model in. it says to use the footman model but i'm confused. Prolly once I understand it right, it won't be so hard. How most things are :p

Level 25
... You people DO know that the paths are EXTREAMLY easy to find, don't you?

For the sake of easiness, I'll use the Chaos Wyrm in this example

Now, look for where it says "Number of Skins"

Number of Skins: 12
Skin 1: Textures\abysswyrm.blp
Skin 2: Textures\Flame_Red_0.blp
Skin 3: Textures\Flame_Red_1.blp
Skin 4: Textures\Flame_Red_2.blp
Skin 5: Textures\Flame_Red_3.blp
Skin 6: Textures\Flame_Red_4.blp
Skin 7: Textures\Flame_Red_5.blp
Skin 8: Textures\Flame_Red_6.blp
Skin 9: Textures\Flame_Red_7.blp
Skin 10: Textures\Red_Glow3.blp
Skin 11: Textures\sun.blp
Skin 12: Textures\Star7b.blp

See how all of them have paths? Those are the paths you use. EVERY model has a section like this

Level 2
Ya hehehe.. I just learned that now but theres still this issue of models without a textures folder. For some reason only models where the .blp files are in a Textures folder apart from the .mdx file work for me and I can't just make a Textures folder and throw them in there (which I have no idea why that won't work). I think of only had 1 model that actually worked w/o a Textures folder out of like twenty some models. Take the Cloud or Sephiroth model. The paths specified on the page well.. there are no paths.. which leads me to believe that all you have to do is import them but I've tried that and it just dosen't work. So kindly could you tell me what I need to do to get those kind of models to work for me? I do believe this is a problem for alot of people besides myself.

Level 2
Hehe.. just figured out that my problem was I wasn't deleting the warcraft3imported\ infront of the "Whatever.blp". What can I say? I'm a newb!

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.