• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Importing problems (technical issues not in import tutorial)

Status
Not open for further replies.

omg

omg

Level 3
Ok, I have some problems downloading some of the icons and models here.

I have no problems with importing itself, but this is more of a technical problem i suppose.

Once i have downloaded the ZIP file, i attempt to extract all from it. When i do so, i get a message from windows saying "Windows has blocked access to these files to help protect your computer".

So I go to windows support and find out how to download files that are blocked like this.

They tell me i need to download the blocked file(s), go to their properties, and click "Unblock".

I understand how to do this fully, but one problem that the stupid idiots at windows didnt realize is that I cant download a file and unblock it because its blocked! It wont allow me to download it.

Also, theres the fact that its inside a ZIP folder, which it also wont allow me to open because the files inside are blocked.

So, I ask anyone who can help, How do i bypass this problem? Id like to be able to download at my will instead of being restricted to unblocked Icons and Models.

Thank you for your help.

omg

omg

Level 3
I tried using a mac, they are just to different from what I'm used to. And ive heard of this same problem on mac computers.

Anyway, I use extraction wizard.

omg

omg

Level 3
Yes I know. Its because I use a lot of protection programs and firewalls, that I cant download certain files here, not because of my Unzip program.

I'd rather like to know how I can bypass this annoying security function (that I didnt install [My mother's friend did] so I dont know how to controll it) and successfully download files here.

Level 25
Tell me, do you use anything that isn't Internet Explorer and WinRAR/ZIP?

Using them, I have had no problems at all with extraction

Internet Explorer just sucks, and WinRAR/ZIP are both great programs you should have anyway. Especially WinRAR, as it allows for RAR files, among others

But trust me, its Extraction wizard and Internet Explorer. Get anything other than Internet Explorer, like Opera, Firefox or Netscape, as quick as possible, and pick up WinRAR/ZIP along with it

Status
Not open for further replies.