1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Importing problems (technical issues not in import tutorial)

Discussion in 'Modeling & Animation' started by omg, May 19, 2006.

1. omg

omg

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ok, I have some problems downloading some of the icons and models here.

I have no problems with importing itself, but this is more of a technical problem i suppose.

Once i have downloaded the ZIP file, i attempt to extract all from it. When i do so, i get a message from windows saying "Windows has blocked access to these files to help protect your computer".

So I go to windows support and find out how to download files that are blocked like this.

They tell me i need to download the blocked file(s), go to their properties, and click "Unblock".

I understand how to do this fully, but one problem that the stupid idiots at windows didnt realize is that I cant download a file and unblock it because its blocked! It wont allow me to download it.

Also, theres the fact that its inside a ZIP folder, which it also wont allow me to open because the files inside are blocked.

So, I ask anyone who can help, How do i bypass this problem? Id like to be able to download at my will instead of being restricted to unblocked Icons and Models.

Thank you for your help.

2. DeadDogNoGoWoof

DeadDogNoGoWoof

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Well sir, I am a proud owner of a Mac and can only attempt to convince you to own one.

Anywho, are you using WinZip or WinRar? My oh so limited knowledge of Windows is telling me those are the best programs for extracting.

3. omg

omg

Resources:
    Resources:
    I tried using a mac, they are just to different from what I'm used to. And ive heard of this same problem on mac computers.

Anyway, I use extraction wizard.

4. DeadDogNoGoWoof

DeadDogNoGoWoof

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Download WinRar or WinZip.

And I've owned a Mac since the very first ones came out. Never had a single downloading problem with a legitimate file.

And what I also mean to say by that is, every file on this site is legit and free of infection.

5. omg

omg

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yes I know. Its because I use a lot of protection programs and firewalls, that I cant download certain files here, not because of my Unzip program.

I'd rather like to know how I can bypass this annoying security function (that I didnt install [My mother's friend did] so I dont know how to controll it) and successfully download files here.

6. Mecheon

Mecheon

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Tell me, do you use anything that isn't Internet Explorer and WinRAR/ZIP?

Using them, I have had no problems at all with extraction

Internet Explorer just sucks, and WinRAR/ZIP are both great programs you should have anyway. Especially WinRAR, as it allows for RAR files, among others

But trust me, its Extraction wizard and Internet Explorer. Get anything other than Internet Explorer, like Opera, Firefox or Netscape, as quick as possible, and pick up WinRAR/ZIP along with it

7. omg

omg

Resources:
    Resources:
    ok. Firefox sounds decent. Ill try it out with winRAR.

8. MAP MASTER

MAP MASTER

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yes i have firefox is very good on stuff to block and not to block, but it will not block your extracts