• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Import ERROR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
When i import anything to warcraft 3 world editor. non of it works just says.

imports/filename.mdl not found when i place it on map.

anyone know how i can fix it?

When you import a model, it has to look like this:
war3mapImported\ModelName.mdx

Mdl cannot be viewed in warcraft 3, unless they are a model from the engine itself, so it needs to be *.mdx.

If it is a texture *.blp file, up to the author's defined path, you need to either import them as
TextureName.blp (meaning you need to remove the "war3mapImported\" or
Textures\TextureName.blp (meaning you have to replace the "war3mapImported\" with "Textures\"). Read some tutorials on importing stuff.

Level 6
ok thanx for help i read the tutorial BUT.

the model still doesnt show ingame it shows a checkered cube . evan tho all the settings are exactly like the creator says to put them.

EDIT: NVM i didnt change 1 of the texures location

Status
Not open for further replies.