• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Eek help ><

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Whenever I try to import ANYTHING for instance a model , sound , a skin , etc... a few seconds after it imports my world editor just crashes and goes back to the desktop no error messages or anything it just crashes. Anyone know a fix to this?

Ok Im gonna update this. I did some testing and i figured out whenever i add more then 1 import it crashes (if i dont save then reload) in english if i import one file then save and close WE then open it works fine. But if i try to add a full unit (with multiple files for it) it crashes if i do it all in one step >< bah i will have to do it the long way unless you guys know a fix Thanks in advanced!

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 35
Check if it is Corrupted in the Modeling Forum There is A Thread called CORRUPTED MODELS. Hope I helped

Hmm sounds a bit to unlucky if he got more then just one corrupted model... But if he is only trying with one then that could explain it.

Else the reson can be your world editor... are you using WEU is ometimes has strange problems depending on which version of it you use.

Level 11
Theres a certain shortcut on my desktop. When I move my cursor over that shortcut from inside a file dialog put up by almost any program, the program will fail.
Mozilla: No Problem
IE: No Problem
WinMPQ: Instant crash
Import Manager/WE:Silent crash

My point is, certain things are just screwed up and theirs really nothing we can do about it.

Level 8
Have you updated anything recently?

IF so try updating WCIII by going to battlenet - that usually "fixes" most update issue and "weird" behaviors I have had with WE.

I can't think of anything else except corrupt files, but then your having this problem with each and every file after you up load it.

Status
Not open for further replies.