• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Solved] Immolation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess that's because there is no birth and death animation.
If you really want to use this effect, you can use a hashtable, check when the orders immolation and unimmolation are given to the unit, if the order is immolation create the special effect and store it on the unit through the hashtable. If the order is unimmolation, load the effect from the hashtable and destroy it. Be warned, since the effect doesn't have a death animation, it will be subject to Gameplay Constants' value "Decay Time (sec) - Effects", but this one will globally affect any effect.

Level 15
Thanks, no I don't want to use it that badly in that way. Found another solution - but thanks either way!

On another topic: I want to create a dummy buff that originate from attacks; like an orb. The catch is that I only want it to work on friendly and enemy buildings - but it doesn't work! (again...)

Level 15
I want to know if the building is taking continues damage, I am currently using GDD for that only need to check if it has a buff to count the damage and if doesn't have a buff it starts counting from 0.

So I need a buff that is given upon attack (on buildings) on enemy/friendly; which lasts for 5 seconds.

Oh, well, normally you need to set Stats - Is Building to False, but retain everything else, such as Combat - Targeted as and Classification. Only change Movement Type to Foot, otherwise the collision size is messed up.

Base your attack ability on Envenomed Spears and change Targets Allowed to Structure, Enemy, Allied and its duration to 5.00 (Normal, not Hero). Modify or remove the damage and any other field that is unrelated to what you want to achieve.

Level 15
- Changed the buildings movement type to food.
- Changed the abilities target classification to: Enemy, Friend and Structure.
- Making buildings into units is not feasible in this case.

I used the dryad ability, bot sure which buff/effect to look for in the trigger tho. Also, I can see the visual posion effect on the building but not the buff.

Level 15
That's because I added the unit in the map as a structure and then set Is a Building to False.

It's not because of that. I placed the buildings then I changed them. It has some thing to do with buildings that have "rally point" I think.

I'm not sold on this method tbh.

Suppose a timer would do the trick, but it feels dumb to restart it every time a unit attacks the building.

It's not because of that. I placed the buildings then I changed them. It has some thing to do with buildings that have "rally point" I think.

I'm not sold on this method tbh.

Suppose a timer would do the trick, but it feels dumb to restart it every time a unit attacks the building.

There are two ways to avoid its selection:

1) Go to Stats - Classification and besides Mechanical tick "Ward".

2) Use a trigger that fires upon selection of unit. Check if Unit-type of Triggering unit is equal to Farm, then create a unit group of units already selected by (Triggering player); if number of units in the group > 1, then remove (Triggering unit) from (Triggering player)'s selection.

Level 15
There are two ways to avoid its selection:

1) Go to Stats - Classification and besides Mechanical tick "Ward".

2) Use a trigger that fires upon selection of unit. Check if Unit-type of Triggering unit is equal to Farm, then create a unit group of units already selected by (Triggering player); if number of units in the group > 1, then remove (Triggering unit) from (Triggering player)'s selection.

I say, you do know a trick or two. I ended up using liquid fire for units that set buildings on fire and freezing breath for the flame multiplying.

Thanks for all your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.