• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Immolation help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Im trying to make this cool effect of a unit destroying everything around it without doing a single attack problem is it wont destroy trees or sleeping units(its an ability not a cinematic). Any ideas?

EDIT: I just tried changing the targets allowed to that of flame strike and still nothing :(

Level 10
first off dont use immolation as the trigger...
Ues this:

Code:
Event-
Unit starts the effect of ability
Condition-
Ability beig cast equal to *YOUR ABILITY*
Actions-
Pick every unit matching unit is enemy of triggering unit and set hp of matching unit to current hp of matching unit -X DAMAGE
Destroy all destructibles around X NUMBER of triggering unit

that should do it.

Level 6
The correct action in this skill is Unit - Damage Target. Damaging the enemy by using the action "Unit - Set life" does not consider the killing unit.

Pick every units in units within "X" range of casting unit matching (matching unit belongs to an enemy of casting unit) and Cause casting unit to damage picked unit, dealing X damage of attack type spell and damahe type enhanced! :wink:

Level 2
But Id still need a dummy ability and using the immolation there doesnt work. Its spposed to be continous. The actions would probably work its the events that arnt.

Level 6
If I understand well, what you need to do is create a dummy unit that has the spell immolation and damages everything around while the hero has the spell activated.
You need to create a trigger that is:
Event:
Every 0.1 second of game time
Actions:
Move instantly (dummy unit) to the possition of (the hero).

This trigger must be initiality off, and you need to create another trigger that is for when the hero cast the ability, turn on the trigger.

If isn't it what you are questioning, explain better what you are wanting and I can make this spell to you! :wink:

Level 8
Im trying to make this cool effect of a unit destroying everything around it without doing a single attack problem is it wont destroy trees or sleeping units(its an ability not a cinematic). Any ideas?

He said destroying everything, not damaging.
Well monkeyfeet228 I created ur spell, here is the link I hope u like it :wink:

http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Spells&ID=1261

Level 10
use unit-damage target instead as it will give bounty (i think..) and ex-angel. there are errors in your signature.

i FOUGHT for her...... 50 MEN were..... making my REVENGER.

Level 8
Lol I know. I just don't have much time to create a signature ^^.
So adding bounty? Well i'll try to fix that.
Thx for both the hints =)

Edit: I checked it, and since i don't have pretty much time i'll give a trigger to fix that:

-Create 1 Dummy
-Set dummy = DummyKiller
-Move DummyKiller instantly to position of DestructionCaster
-Pick every unit in (Units within 400.00 of (Position of DestructionCaster)) and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
-Order DummyKiller to storm bolt picked unit.

When deactivated =
-Remove DummyKiller from the game.

The same for Destructibles, just making the storm bolt to attack those.

Status
Not open for further replies.