• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Immobile Monsters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hey everybody! I'm working on a warcraft 3 map and i need a help with a small and hopefully easy-to-solve problem. Its a base defense style map where u have to flee from spawn and then monsters spawn and chase/kill you. You can build some basic structures that are then upgradeable..
But here is the problem: I've made a trigger telling the monsters spawn in region X (X being name of the region) to attack random unit on the area Playable Map Area with the condition: Targeted unit is owned by enemy of neutral hostile
(the mobs that are spawned are owned by neutral hostile). But as soon as these hostile mobs start chasing and attacking the players, they stop, then run, then stop, and continue doing that for no apparent reason. Any suggestions on how i could fix this? (I need them to attack the nearest player-owned unit).

Level 1
Level 16
They start to move because they have been issued the order, so I dont know what else the problem could be. Just try using 8 units for testing purposes and see if their movements improve. If so, its probebly the mini-movements. The tutorial can provide tips on how to improve mini-movements.

Edit: I also don't think the 30 second interval and the occurance happening at wave 1 is relevant to mini-movement problems.

Level 1
The problem is that they move then stop and do so repeatedly, but thank you for trying to help.. I took a glance at the movement tutorial, and i might try to use it, thanks again:)

Status
Not open for further replies.