1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Im having a slight problem with a model

Discussion in 'Requests' started by Knightmawk, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Knightmawk

Knightmawk

Resources:
    Resources:
    The model works perfectly, and it plays ingame. But when I try to produce it from the alter during a game it does not show up. It shows up if I simply place it in the map using the wolrd editor, but when in-game it simply will not build

2. Just_Spectating

Just_Spectating

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    well if the model is working then it's not the model.

3. Bloody_Turds

Bloody_Turds

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    Sounds like the model might have an imba long birth animation? possibly, are you useing any kinda triggers to 'birth' your hero? also attach mdl for me/someone to take a look at

4. Knightmawk

Knightmawk

Resources:
    Resources:
    Its one of Noinrads gnome models, the Gnome FIghter.
    Im not useing any kind of triggers, just standered alter stuff

5. Just_Spectating

Just_Spectating

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    can we see the model? (Link it please)

6. Titanhex

Titanhex

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Was just passing by and figured I'd be helpful:

Gnomish Fighter - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site

Gnome fighter link right there.

Yeah, the model doesn't have a birth animation. (Doesn't need one when being built/revived from an altar anyways. Most models don't need birth anims, specially heroes) So as far as the problem goes, that's a tough call from here. I'd say do some testing in game, consider any add ons and your current version that could be causing the problem. If nothing else works, speak to the creator via PM about it.

EDIT: I tested it and the hero works just fine with the altar. All I did was simply replace the Paladin with the Gnomish fighter. Perhaps the button you've placed for him is not working. Make sure you've given him the appropriate button and consider the button and world editor to be the issue, certainly not the model.

TL;DR: It's not the model.

7. Knightmawk

Knightmawk

Resources:
    Resources:
    yeah, Im thinking now that it is the button because i used him as a regular unit and he came up just fine, Ill have to tinker with some triggersnd button possitions, but Ill get it eventually.