• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I'm going to make a Pandaren Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Level 1
Judging by your avatar I thought you were going to make one about Ice Trolls to be honest :shock: . (Not really)

Interesting, I'll give it a go when it's done :lol:

Level 19
First map so far, about:
Destructibles 5367
Doodads 6917
Regions 247
Caneras 121
Triggers 321
Variables 159
Sounds 32
Custom Objects 19 Standard, 224 Custom
14 Cinematic Scenes (The amount could easily douple/triple)
I'm just trying to create some kind of a discussion here in wc3search. People should expect that this will not be anything average.

Level 25
Jaakko said:
Mecheon said:
I'd honestly wait for the recently announced RPG book dealing with Pandaren and other things to come out, but whatever
Is that book free? Do you have links to more PAndaren lore?

Not free at all

And no, we don't know much Pandaren lore. All we really know is that they have Brewmasters and are a VERY neutral race. They're unlikely at all to ally with either the Horde or Alliance

They also make the best booze in Azeroth

Level 25
Werewulf said:
i hear its rumored they come from a secret island where only the strongest and most powerful brew master venter from in order to find ingredients to make the best "booze" in the world.

They come from a secret island. And they're pretty reclusive. But the Brewmasters tend to leave and go searching for booze, while the rest stay on the island

Not just the powerful Brewmasters, all of them tend to head off. Seeing as everyone likes them in Azeroth because it tends to mean the best beer in the world

They get on REALLY well with dwarves surprisingly, and tend to be found in places such as Theramore

Level 19
A list of people who have helped/are going to help with Pandaren Campaign:
Wyvernoid - Overall advice and help
CRAZYRUSSIAN - Art
Jacek - Spells
mucfuc2002 - Campaign Screen
Heavy-gunner - Beta testing
RadD890 - Beta testing

And thanks to many people who have already made some great models/icons that I'm going to use in the campaign.

Thanks to www.wc3sear.ch, www.dwarfcampaign.com and www.wc3campaigns.net.

You can join this project too. Wink

Nice team you got together!

If you are in need of hosting, clancbs.com could provide you with a hosted project forum area (along with private forum, sub forums and so on) and a subdomain website (example site link: www.clancbs.com/pandarencampaign) if you would like to have an official site to showcase the project, the website you could design as you would want to aslong as there would be no things to download from it as our site does not have infinite room, though there is more than plenty for normal downloads, just not huge ones and such which gets downloaded a 1000 times or so. I believe that this would be a cool project so this is my way of offering help if you need it :)

Level 19
ragingspeedhorn said:
Nice team you got together!

If you are in need of hosting, clancbs.com could provide you with a hosted project forum area (along with private forum, sub forums and so on) and a subdomain website (example site link: www.clancbs.com/pandarencampaign) if you would like to have an official site to showcase the project, the website you could design as you would want to aslong as there would be no things to download from it as our site does not have infinite room, though there is more than plenty for normal downloads, just not huge ones and such which gets downloaded a 1000 times or so. I believe that this would be a cool project so this is my way of offering help if you need it :)
Thanks raginspeedhorn. I have never hosted a project before as this is my first project. Does clancbs have some requirements that the hosted project should do? A private forum would be very nice :) .

I have never designed a website. :?

Do you think you could manage to get a private forum for the campaign? I could post there then some screenshots of the first chapter. If Pandaren Campaign would get a (private) forum, you could be a moderator there, or if somebody(you?) makes it then admin. If you can help me to get a forum like this you will get credits. Only thing is that I wouldn't like the owner of the place to demand too fast progress for the campaign, because I have some hard studying going on.

Getting a website was not a requirement but merely a offer if you wanted it :)

And we got no real requirements besides a bit of promotion of CBS in the campaign somehow perhaps and show on the website if you would make one that it was hosted by clancbs.com like wc3campaigns does with their hostings :)

On the clan cbs forums you could get both a private and a public forum with whatever sub-forums you would need, just like on the other sites, the only requirement here would be that you frequently updated the public forum with some sort of info, not much but just to show that the project is alive and well :wink:

Level 19
ragingspeedhorn said:
Getting a website was not a requirement but merely a offer if you wanted it :)
Yes, please. That would make me very happy. It would be the easiest way for a team to communicate if there were a private forum where team members could visit and see how things are going.

ragingspeedhorn said:
And we got no real requirements besides a bit of promotion of CBS in the campaign somehow perhaps and show on the website if you would make one that it was hosted by clancbs.com like wc3campaigns does with their hostings :)
That's no problem. I'll be glad to do that.:D I just have one question: Can a project be hosted in different places at the same time? I mean if it would be advantageous some time in the future.

ragingspeedhorn said:
On the clan cbs forums you could get both a private and a public forum with whatever sub-forums you would need, just like on the other sites, the only requirement here would be that you frequently updated the public forum with some sort of info, not much but just to show that the project is alive and well :wink:
Updating public forum won't be a problem. This project will very much stay alive. It's my dream to get the project finished someday. By giving info I wouldn't want to give spoilers, it would reduce excitement. If the people have any questions in the public forum I will be glad to answer. :)

I think you perhaps got me wrong, the forum would not be on your website but in the hosted project section on the cbs forums and the website would be one you would have to get up and running yourself, we wouldn't make it for you, just host it :p

Besides from that I have no problem with you having a forum another place either, that is entirely up to you :)

The forum situation would be for you to have 1 main forum which would be the public one. Inside that you could then have a private forum or several if you wish and showcase forums or other sub forums that you might want to have :)

Level 19
ragingspeedhorn said:
I think you perhaps got me wrong, the forum would not be on your website but in the hosted project section on the cbs forums and the website would be one you would have to get up and running yourself, we wouldn't make it for you, just host it :p
I understood that the forum would be on the cbs forums, but can you get it to run without me doing any Internet programming things, because I would first need to know how to do that.

ragingspeedhorn said:
The forum situation would be for you to have 1 main forum which would be the public one. Inside that you could then have a private forum or several if you wish and showcase forums or other sub forums that you might want to have :)
That sounds good. Does it work so that somebody can great the forums and then there is a password/user identification so that not all people could get to the private forum(s)?

By the way who has created cbs site? What kind of role do you have there? I'm not too familiar with the site yet. I check it later again. And what does cbs mean?

I'll be online mostly during the week, not in weekends. See you tomorrow.

I could easily set up the forums you needed in no time.

Only the admins and your team would be able to see the private forum(s), no password required, it would have user identification.

The CBS website was created and paid by Knoore, one of the CBS members. I am shaman and does most of the general administration of the site.

CBS does not mean much (well it does mean something but it is silly), it is just our clan name, we are a Northrend based modding clan.

Jaakko said:
I registered to www.clancbs.com. My username is Jaakko.

Okay, if you have MSN then add me @ [email protected] and we can talk about how the forums are going to get setted up :)

About the link that was more meant for if you had an actuall website developed but I could get it done for the forums aswell as an redirect I think :)

Level 19
ragingspeedhorn said:
Okay, if you have MSN then add me @ [email protected] and we can talk about how the forums are going to get setted up :)

About the link that was more meant for if you had an actuall website developed but I could get it done for the forums aswell as an redirect I think :)
I have never used MSN.:? It would be easier to use email. Is that okay?

Chapter X (I call it X because it won't be chapter one :wink: ) progress notification: Completed yet another cinematic last weekend. It turned out to be quite amusing. :)

Level 19
Updated the list of people who have helped/are going to help with Pandaren Campaign: :mrgreen:
Wyvernoid - Overall advice and help
CRAZYRUSSIAN - Art
Jacek - Spells, Pandaren Campaign Sign
KING JESTER - Story Development
mucfuc2002 - Campaign Screen
Heavy-gunner - Beta testing
RadD890 - Beta testing
ragingspeedhorn - Pandaren Campaign hosting at clancbs

(I have sent you a post on clancbs ragingspeedhorn :) )

Level 19
Here are some screenshots of the Pandaren Campaign: Celestial in Peril
campaignpic01yg8.jpg

campaignpic02ux6.jpg

Go to http://www.clancbs.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=40 if you want to see more. Comments, please. :D

Level 19
PurplePoot said:
My eyes are now burning black holes :?

Most of it is fine, but those trees are... decisively ugly. Wc3 trees were made to be a resource, not a focus of the scenery, so I strongly suggest importing some custom ones.
What trees do you suggest then?

Status
Not open for further replies.