• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I'm giving my map to download, for study

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi guys, I was working hard in my map, I worked about 3 years (work 1 month, stop for 4 month, work 1, stop 4 ...). So, I've a lot of AWESOME triggers, custom doodads, like u-boat, nuclear ship, tanks, jeep, land mine, aircraft, helicopters and etc.

The map is in Portuguese, but the cods are in English xP

The reason which I'm giving my work for download is: When I tested my map in multiplayer, It lagged a lot, for both sides, I've a GOOOD computer but the map is tooo over loaded with custom units, special effets and etc.

Click here to download my map

You're free to edit, use my triggers and etc, but don't forget to give the credits for the people how made the custom units

Level 26
Yeah, they are quite colorful... oh wait, that's GUI.

Furthermore, you have not combined obvious code iterations in loops and functions, everything is written extremely bruteforce and hardcoded. Object manager tells me there would be 162 triggers but only 8 integer loops. What's up with the Propiedade triggers for example?
Well, yeah, the code is not in English to a big scale.
The initializers are spread out, no central controlling structure.
You leak objects.

Actually, there are not many features nor any intesting problems solved. Your triggers could be reduced to a minor fraction.

Level 4
Fack :p This's my first map, I know the Map Inic is speaded out but I know where's everything...

Thanks for your comment... The tooltip about the units are not "right", I've to balance them first before changing the tooltip.

Level 26
If you want to go on in wc3 mapmaking

However, there are some similarities in both that may help you understand the other a bit beforehand. But really, jass is so easy, you could as well ask yourself if there is a point in learning GUI. Not the language is the problem but the quirks of wc3 and developing advanced custom mechanics that GUI users do not dare to approach as they usually do not write in functions (which is circonvenient in GUI I admit) and therefore cast a lot of sisyphean tasks upon themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.