• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Illidari - Illidan (Demonblade)

This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
I've seen some people who were very interested in the concept of Demon form of Illidan, and wanted this thing to happen after finding difficulties trying to make / find one, and I realized that I could spend time understanding what would be the main issue so I can create this model.

After a duration of time, I managed to create this cool savage concept of Illidan, and called it the Demonblade form, just to keep it aside in case if I am going to make more versions of Illidan in future, they will have different titles.

Lore wise, he had some form related to this, and It was definitely the "Lord of Outland" period of time when the demons obeyed him after destroying magtheridion forces. It only makes sense to imagine him as a more demonic glaive master of battles that time, and I realized that this version I made fit in perfectly to that period of time, which is why I gave him the title of Lord of Outland instead of Demon Hunter.

I am sure people love the concept of this idea, enjoy!

preview of the model:

Best regards,
Wolf Spirit / Wildone / Wolfe
Previews
Contents

Icons (Icon)

Illidari - Illidan (Demonblade) (Model)

NEW1_Portrait (Model)

Portrait (Model)

Wildone_Illidari_Hero_Illidan_Demonblade_NEW1 (Model)

Level 15
Wow, a Reforged Highborne hero is so satisfying. Very nice though.

U can use the Night Elf tag since they are Night Elves

wattup w/ the icon

Dude's a highborne so he LEEAAAANNNS even in his icon.

This is amazing. Any chance you can do the same with the Female Demon Hunter? Would be nice to have ranged and melee versions for both.

THANK YOU SO SO SO MUCH!

I already tried the model and it was 10 I loved it, the only negative thing is the elimination of the cinematic animations.
I still give you 5 stars

Incredible my friend Fran Bel asked you to make that model for me, thank you very much friend

Well thought! it would be great!

Oh, thanks !!!!

Hello guys, I have a good news ( I believe )

So I went through the model after I heard of the feedbacks, and thought of what could I do to make it more perfect for people to use.

Here is what I did to cover through all the questions people asked everywhere about this model

1. Added Alternate version inside this model
2. Added Morphing On and Off animations for the Demonblade form
3. Added all the cinematics animations for both of the Demonblade and the Alternate forms
4. Fixed all the glaive issues relating to transforming between the Demonblade and the Metermophosis through editing animations, and some from scratch to make it look better
5. Now he can be used as a reskin for the Demon Hunter, an ultimate replacement for the Alternate Demon Hunter, or as a new whole model who can transform on his own ( A lot more use I can believe that )

I uploaded this new version based on all the feedbacks, and kept spending time on this model trying to find out what can I exactly do without breaking the model.

However, there is 1 bug that I forcefully made it to avoid the break of the model. What is the bug I am talking about?

Well the faceFX of the model didn't recognize itself, after I did the coding, replacing, and copying the main FaceFX of the actual model, the unit would talk, but you don't want to see how he looks like when he talks... Yeap you read that right, and it looks quite creepy. So I deleted the FaceFx on purpose so he doesn't talk in the game, but that's not an issue because the Portrait is all you need mostly, and the Portrait works perfectly, doesn't it?

In other words, the only bug is not really visible because 99% of players will only focus on the Portrait talking, instead of zooming the character to notice their mouth movements.

I hope that is a helpful message and feel free to download the new version it's called: Wildone_Illidari_Hero_Illidan_DemonBlade_NEW1

Don't forget to have fun!

Best and kind regards,
Wolf Spirit / Wildone / Wolfe

Last edited:
Level 2
Hello! love this model :D it looks amazing! one thing i noticed though is that effects and sounds from buffs (like rejuvenation) doesnt work on this model... is there an easy fix to this? i have used RMS a bit, but im a newbie : ]