• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

if you were in charge of the balance in warcraft 3

yeah towers can wreck them and are quite cost effective at it too
I disagree. They are expensive and long to create, plus not being able to actively pressure them. Their role is to passively dissuade the enemy, support defense or in the worse case give you more time to call back your army.
Each basic ranged unit soft counter air units (fiends also have auto webs). They have a very good value, can be trained in the basic barrack & resists ranged damage. Even if you loose some of them enemy air units are much more frail & expensive.
Furthermore, each faction has a way to destroy/disable mass towers :
< Dragonhawk cloud (and gryphons dealing massive damage to human towers)
< Wyrm freezing (and dealing massive damage against human towers)
< BatTroll (burning oil divide by 3 building attack rate and make them unable to be repaired)
< Chimera (longer range against towers when corrosive breath is unlocked)

Level 11
I disagree. They are expensive and long to create, plus not being able to actively pressure them. Their role is to passively dissuade the enemy, support defense or in the worse case give you more time to call back your army.
Each basic ranged unit soft counter air units (fiends also have auto webs). They have a very good value, can be trained in the basic barrack & resists ranged damage. Even if you loose some of them enemy air units are much more frail & expensive.
Furthermore, each faction has a way to destroy/disable mass towers :
< Dragonhawk cloud (and gryphons dealing massive damage to human towers)
< Wyrm freezing (and dealing massive damage against human towers)
< BatTroll (burning oil divide by 3 building attack rate and make them unable to be repaired)
< Chimera (longer range against towers when corrosive breath is unlocked)
while ranged units are counters to air fortified armor massively reduces the damage taken , now dragonhawks are somewhat the only thing to worry about troll bats can be killed very fast the chims can be lured into towers by dividing the towers around for chims and wyrms being very expensive while some cheap tower can chip a good amount of its health its a win eco wise the orc air isnt so good being the weakest out of all mass gryphons with storm hammers and its aoe damage can be quite worrying

Level 18
how you will change the game balance ? not only unit stats but game mechanics , food cap , etc what changes you will make to the game?
Cap heroes at 1, maybe 2 if the community hates it, for melee games. Would be more fun to just focus on one hero. This somewhat ties into item management like Uncle touched on. But really just the micro reward of 3 heroes gets too high IMO.

Level 11
Cap heroes at 1, maybe 2 if the community hates it, for melee games. Would be more fun to just focus on one hero. This somewhat ties into item management like Uncle touched on. But really just the micro reward of 3 heroes gets too high IMO.
quite a simple edit but will impact melee really hard as this means you cant stack auras from the same like devotion/brilliance for example making the choice of the hero much more important

Level 18
quite a simple edit but will impact melee really hard as this means you cant stack auras from the same like devotion/brilliance for example making the choice of the hero much more important
True it might render some heroes useless or in need of buffs. I'm not very experienced in melee so didn't think of that implication.

Level 18
I dunno man, the process of balancing this game has been a nightmare. It was the only thing the team was still bothering to work on before the first time they got dissolved. The variety of units and gameplay styles is so varied that it seems like Blizzard is constantly playing keep-up with it, even 20 something odd years later.

If the effort to properly balance the game is truly futile, I'd just set everything back to 1.26 balancing and call it a day.

Level 11
I dunno man, the process of balancing this game has been a nightmare. It was the only thing the team was still bothering to work on before the first time they got dissolved. The variety of units and gameplay styles is so varied that it seems like Blizzard is constantly playing keep-up with it, even 20 something odd years later.

If the effort to properly balance the game is truly futile, I'd just set everything back to 1.26 balancing and call it a day.
anything but 1.26 balance its a nightmare i used to play on 1.26 until i was like f it im making my own balance i remember a match where i had HH being at POINT BLANK range of a huntress yet they didnt attack the huntress i see that 1.29 balance is the best if they have to reverse everything leave it at 1.29 and be good i guess