• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

If they make Dota would you play it instead of others?

Would you play Dota and/or other maps?

• I'll play Dota and other maps.

Votes: 14 29.8%
  • I'll only play Dota. Gg other mods/maps!

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Never! Other maps ftw.

Votes: 31 66.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
So provided that it is well made and becomes popular and the most played how much would you play it?

If they make it like what Dota became in war3, I guess it and hex'd will be what i'd play. I'd love to see futuristic Dota but it has to be exactly like war3, same interface as well. Only then I would play it, otherwise I wouldnt even touch it.

Level 1
No thanks to direct Dota clones. I hope however that there will be plenty of Dota 2.0s if you will. :)
Im making one for that matter ^^

Triceron

Hosted Project: W3CSW
Level 11
There's too much potential in this engine to say for sure. There will be better games than DOTA made, but nobody's made it yet. Just like no one has made a DOTA clone (yet). Can we say we're gonna be playing 'Alien Slayer Heroes' instead when it doesn't exist yet?

Level 1
Go play Heroes of Newerth if you want a more SC2 version of Dota, its basically the same engine as SC2 anyway >_>

HoN is just a direct Dota copy nothing original.
What i meant by Dota 2.0 was some actual game play changes or atleast more strategic options. LoL comes closer to what i meant while still leaving a lot to be desired.

Level 22
Yes I'm interested in seeing futuristic Dota not HoN with the same banshee, etc. Btw dont know if you know, if we dont call this dota, we should call this AoS but they are already working on such thing :)

http://www.sc2mapster.com/maps/warrior/

I tried it but I prefer to see it war3 style to become 'my played map'. Hehe typical Russian accent in Engish so funny :D or is it German :D

Level 11
hiho,

in my theory there will be soo many dota maps in Sc2 that there will never be a real official map which everybody plays.
that's just a dream of many people - but in my opinion it will be like in wc3 footmen frenzy or all the other non-official hero defenses but dota.
even dota-allstars was once just an inofficial dota clone map. :D

Robbepop

Level 2
I might play a bit of SC2 DotA, but League of Legends fills my main AoS desires. It's free, it's well-made, it's fun, it has a good matchmaking system, and it's constantly updated.

(Voted DotA and other maps.)

I've been a DotA hater from the start, If they decide to all move to HoN, good riddance, if they decide to all move to Sc2, good riddance (more Wc3 time I guess).

I actually really enjoy AoS's, I just despise DOtA and the stereotypical people that play it - of course there are some really nice DOtA players, but the majority of them treat the game, every game, like they're playing for money.

If some other AoS thats trying to be more then DOtA, or be completely new, then kudos for the maker - I would try it. Anything labelled DOtA is a must avoid though, because it's going to attract the original DOtA players. If the map is made by someone unexperienced it's going to be much worse too, DOtA players already complain enough in the gam.

Level 8
The sad thing about HoN is that it became Pay for Play. It never shouldhave. I would have definitely kept playing it if it didn't go Pay for Play.

DotA in SC2 wouldn't be too shabby, I'm pretty sure a much wider range of possibilities would pop up if they managed to do it. All they would have to do is throw in the WC3 map, make new triggers and pop a good number of models in there.

The sad thing about HoN is that it became Pay for Play. It never shouldhave. I would have definitely kept playing it if it didn't go Pay for Play.

DotA in SC2 wouldn't be too shabby, I'm pretty sure a much wider range of possibilities would pop up if they managed to do it. All they would have to do is throw in the WC3 map, make new triggers and pop a good number of models in there.
Go play LoL. It's better anyway. Dota sucks.

And what difference other then having to buy Sc2 to play it would that make? And the terrain for DOtA is particularly monotonous.

Also that's just cloning DOtA. You have all these new possibilities, (you had all these new possibilities in Wc3 and yet they ignored them) and you choose to make an exact, boring copy.

And of course, in my opinion anything bearing the name DOtA is very shabby.

Level 27
And what difference other then having to buy Sc2 to play it would that make? And the terrain for DOtA is particularly monotonous.

Also that's just cloning DOtA. You have all these new possibilities, (you had all these new possibilities in Wc3 and yet they ignored them) and you choose to make an exact, boring copy.

And of course, in my opinion anything bearing the name DOtA is very shabby.

Well actually I think they wouldn't call it Dota in SC2, they would rather make a new name. Like some kind of "Assault of Aldaris" or "Wrath of Overmind".

Well actually I think they wouldn't call it Dota in SC2, they would rather make a new name. Like some kind of "Assault of Aldaris" or "Wrath of Overmind".

Idk, some of the people are pretty particular and would want nothing more or less then an exact DOtA copy, to the last doodad, just in Sc2 so it's graphics are better. If they make something new out there, something special, then that's fine. But I'm pretty sure someones going to make an exact copy, and said copy will attract a ton of DOtA players from Wc3 because, well, it's the exact same thing with the exact same name.

Level 27
Idk, some of the people are pretty particular and would want nothing more or less then an exact DOtA copy, to the last doodad, just in Sc2 so it's graphics are better. If they make something new out there, something special, then that's fine. But I'm pretty sure someones going to make an exact copy, and said copy will attract a ton of DOtA players from Wc3 because, well, it's the exact same thing with the exact same name.

I hate people like that. But oh well, what are you gonna do about that? We can't change it anyway.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

I'm not even going to post what I'd like to post here because I'd probably get banned for it. Lets just say I hope they don't make DOTA for SC2.
GJ to anyone who makes a map that's played in SC2 B-net, you just beat DOTA...for now...

Level 7
Never got why everyone was so obssessed with DoTA when there were so many more innovative games in WC3. I think one of the last things SC2 will need is a return to the "lol half the custom games are AoS".

Level 7
Well now when I play WC3 I barely see DotA games, mostly Footmen Frenzy and various RPG's just like the old days, before DotA existed :)

Yeah it finally got better especially after all the indie DoTA games were released. However I don't want SC2 to go through one of those extended DoTA obsessive phases like WC3.

Status
Not open for further replies.