• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

If I should make a template map...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Hello everyone!
I was thinking of making a template map which means that I make a map like a TD with a few creeps but basically I will make the triggers and make it unprotected so everyone who wanna make a TD just download this and then build on it.
What kind of map would you like me to make?

Level 3
OMG, your such a beast :D I'd love to see a footmen map like that, and a map like WMW... where you build towers to defend, but also send creeps to increase income! I would love to see those kind... You got a really good idea there ralle :D. Peace.
- Soopa

Level 3
Ralle = God. Your a beast dude :) ^.^ Let me know if you would like any help on either one... I'll see what I can do dude. Peace.

Level 12
ideas

*wishes he could help*

Make just a simple TD, vs TD, footman wars, and generic RPG for simplicity. That way it covers most of what people can get confused on and they can build on it if they are smart.

Level 3
Re: ideas

Malufa";p="6991 said:
*wishes he could help*

Make just a simple TD, vs TD, footman wars, and generic RPG for simplicity. That way it covers most of what people can get confused on and they can build on it if they are smart.

Well put Malufa, This is pretty much what I would love to see, I was merely giving examples of popular maps ^.^ Also, a WH40k map would be pretty badass, maybe make it like a melee game, or even a footmen war style map, that would be cool as hell :D Thanks, Peace.

- Soopa

Level 11
a Cube Defense type spawning system template would be nice :) (a basic TD system is extreamly simple.... most people just copy out of wintermaul)

(units spawn 1 at a time with a set wait between them, and they spawn at ALL spawning locations at the same time :))

Status
Not open for further replies.