• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ideas for AI Improvements Patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
I recently played a couple of games and realized pretty quickly that the Death Knight AI could be significantly improved. The majority of the AI was coded over three years ago and my abilities have improved significantly since that time. I think there is a lot of room for me to make some beneficial changes that will result in a much more "real" feeling AI Death Knight. While the following of my game, and WC3 in general, has dropped in the last 5 years, I feel that I should still make the gameplay experience the best it can be for anyone still playing. My main focus will be to make the AI more aggressive on attacks and have a vastly improved sense of self preservation. He will take more factors into consideration when deciding when and who to attack, and when and how best to flee.

If you have ideas or suggestions to improve the AI, please post them in this thread. I will probably begin working on this update in the weeks to come and have a release available in the next few months... right around AtD's 10th anniversary.

Edit: The rewrite has begun!!

Last edited:
Level 18
*BUMP* This is turning into a major update. In addition to a complete rewrite of the AI, I'm working on several other features like updated ultimate abilities, replacing generic spells, better synergy between spells, game play changes, and terrain/pathing changes. I don't have a release date set yet due to the expanding nature of this update. However, I'd like to think that we'll have a new version of AtD ready in time for Halloween 2017! Keep checking back for updates.

Last edited:
Level 4
It would be appreciated if you could add difficulty levels to the Death Night AI as in the old versions I and my brother could win but it was a challenge, however in the latest version we can't win at all. So difficulty levels for a lower number of player and less skilled players would be nice.

Level 23
Hi Dark_nite! So glad to still see this being worked on. I see this project has been taken off the hosted projects list and put on "completed" hosted projects. Was this a mistake on the part of the people in charge?

Status
Not open for further replies.