• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Idea for a map.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Terraining
Want to help out with terrain? There are 4 eras left to be done, all of them 28/1xx tiles big.
If one person per Era would come fourth, it would speed things up.
Just tell me what part you want, and i'll send you the map.
while you have the map, please write down the custome stuff you make/import so i can easily find it when i C&P back to mine.
All names working on the map is ofc. added to creds list.

For all Eras: Atleast 1 of xx amounts tempels must be at the far right, there the End boss of that era will be.
Try also to make it realistic

Terrain Information
2nd Era
Tiles: Base - Barrens; Optional addition - Sunken Ruins
Here there will be monuments, but no buildnings or any "high tech" stuff.
1 -2 safe spots for quests

3rd Era
Tiles: Base - Ice Crown; Optional addition - Ashenvale
Here walls are starting to come up, not to much, but a few. Also some ruinds in the far right(important!)
Also buildnings and safer neutral places (safer as in walls and guards)

4th Era
Tiles: Base - Sunken Ruins; Optional addition - Ashenvale (not much)
Here there will mostly be intact tempels and sand and grass all over.
Also signs of ballista looking

5th Era
Tiles: Base - Ashenvale; Optional addition - Optional, except too much SR
Here there will be one intact tempel surrounded by the forrest
Here there will be siege weapons as defense (tower, siege weapons, but not too fancy)
1 safe spot, but bigger then usual
Bonus: If you have WEU, it would be a huge bonus, since the cliffs here are 90 degrees (when using Plateau).

-The Evolving
Starting as a helpless frog/rabit/raccoon, evloving slowly towards the goal as a high inteligent being such as the Orcs, Humans, Trolls, Dwarfs etc.
Eeach stage has 10 levels.
When gained the 10th level, the player will have 3 choices of what to evolve into next.
You can chose between a Carnivore and herbivorous, the choice taken will effect what you end up as in the end.
each time one gains a level, they get X points to spend on (if possible) on Increased Health, Damage, Armor, Speed not only the 3 atributes (if not possible, we'll just use the atributes)
They will also get new abilities as they evolve and get more knowledge.

-Era
There can be 6 - 7 eras, depending on how much we plan tere to be when ppl reach the last one.
In the 1st era, the only way to gain health is for the herbivorous to eat grass, mushrooms etc, and Carnivores to eat the corpses on battlefield.
As they progress is Eras, there will be merchants, tiny villages, tribes and so on.
rough sketch on how it could look like.

-The World
Here is the idea for how the map could look like.
As the players evolve through the game, there will ofc. be hard bosses that will prevent mammals from evolving... well, thats all i can come up with atm, headache

Hope it sounded interesting.

Last edited:
Level 25
I agree that a well balanced, leakless, and fun era evolving mod like this would be quite a hit. I hope you plan to make it one day... if you have the triggering skills to make such a thing, I'd be glad to help you terrain if you'd like!
~Craka_J

Level 8
ooo i love evolving games i still play evolves where u go from a ghoul to a dragon or something good concept put it into play!

Level 8
Sorry for puting it wrong forum... again -_-;
and kudos for all the great replies =)

As for now... this is only an idea, no cogs has started moving yet to make a chain reaction out of it... or maybe it have?

If big enough, you'd make a very famous game.
The size of that image i posted is 256/256
if you have the triggering skills to make such a thing, I'd be glad to help you terrain if you'd like!
I doubt i have the skills to do all the triggers
Also a proper name for the thread would be nice, if you could think of anything better than "idea for a map" :p
I would gladly rename it for you.
E.V.O, Search for Eden? Its a name under development, just like the map.
I've started doing some terraining.
I'll post it when im done.

I'll bring some more info soon, need to go out, will write down what strikes my mind in notepad amd c&p here.

ans once again, happy to see ppl liking the idea.

Level 8
Heh... the old E.V.O... I got to the part where you evolved into some sort of a dinosaur (SO that's like... 2nd era) before failing miserably to get enough EVO points to get somewhere.

Question:
each time one gains a level, they get X points to spend on (if possible) on Increased Health, Damage, Armor, Speed not only the 3 atributes (if not possible, we'll just use the atributes)
They will also get new abilities as they evolve and get more knowledge.
Would this be like the EVO style of evolution, where you purchase specific upgrades to, say, your jaw and it increases it to a specific type of jaw? Or is it simply adding onto stats? Also, what's "knowledge" give you, apart from an increase to sentience?

Level 8
Heh... the old E.V.O... I got to the part where you evolved into some sort of a dinosaur (SO that's like... 2nd era) before failing miserably to get enough EVO points to get somewhere.

Question:

Would this be like the EVO style of evolution, where you purchase specific upgrades to, say, your jaw and it increases it to a specific type of jaw? Or is it simply adding onto stats? Also, what's "knowledge" give you, apart from an increase to sentience?
When i wrote that, knowledge is as they level up and can use more stuff, like weaons and armors.

Code:
Before becoming a humanoid (Era 6/7)
they will gain Evo Points (Evo.p) which they can spend in increasing Claws, Feets,
Jaws, Body and maybe a Dorsal Fin. This is done in the Inventory.

Claw = Less damage then Jaws, but small AoE. Can be changed to Siege and Normal 
Jaws = Singel Target dmg. Can be changed to Piercing, normal and Siege.
Feets = increased speed.
Body = more armor, more health and reduced speed
Dorsal Fin = not sure yet
These abilities are used with Items, more to come on this subject later on.

The way of gaining Evo.P is by killing other mammals/reptilians. The stronger the foe is, the more
points is gained.
And also, there will the normal Level system.
For each level gained, there will be bonus Evo.P.
There will be 10 levels per Evolving stage, and only a xx stages per Era.

Level 8
I believe an old RPG map maker called "Taz" made some maps slightly similar to this. He made maps such as Trynton RPG and Imagica RPG. Both are really good RPGs.
~Craka_J

ahhhh taz i remember him he was one of my friends i helped him test out imagica we got to the last boss but he was to strong *sigh* what a bummer but anyways Good ideas but i think you should go toward a unique modeling system such as when u get to 10 or 5 w/e you get 1 lumber and u can buy a new body/claws w/e u were saying and it would change it making this a very unique and loved game. Just a suggestion dont need to take it. GL!

Level 4
It'll certainly be hard as hell, but if you can pull it off, it'll be amazing. Sadly, I'm not of the skill level you require for such a map. Otherwise, I'd help.:witch_doc_sad:

Level 8
Heay this is the second time i said I'll help:stare:

yeah, sorry. But for the moment i dont want to share the map becouse i want to do the terraining, and dont want to have a puzzle later on if loads of ppl gets the map... yet.
I will post more info as i progress the terrain and ideas comes to mind.

Evertying in this post will be taken under consideration =)

Status
Not open for further replies.