• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Eras Zombie Invasion Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
In honor of the original creator, Anteep, i have decided to take upon this project for the past 4 years to resurrect a game that i have loved since i was young.

I am pleased to bring it to the light of the community now to recieve further suggestions up until its completion.

Welcome, to

3Pjey4A.jpg

INTRODUCTION :

Ever since Anteep first introduced the concept of a zombie related game that involves human evolving throughout time, thus changing history, to defeat the never ending hordes of undead that also are constantly evolving, it created a new type of game for the community. Anteep did an amazing job on the beginning of Eras, but unfortunately, he stopped progress and Eras was left to version 0.83 OPT or 0.84.

Until 2014

I had become developing my own version of Eras using an old version of his and another co-creator that developed the basic code for the AI zombies in the current version i have.

This version has had countless upon countless of hours put into it and STILL is not ready for even an alpha release, partly due to my perfectionist side.

I am seeking all of your help through this development and i will be seeking testers shortly.

WHAT IS ERAS ZOMBIE INVASION?

Eras Zombie Invasion is a game where humans must evolve throughout time, from medieval all the way up to robotics, to defeat the infected who are constantly evolving throughout time as well. Expierence an EXTREME alternate history where humanity, instead of struggling with constant wars between each other, have, (seemingly), united as one against the infected in hopes to preserve the human race. In this game as human you can pick from one of the many European, African, and Middle Eastern countries to play as. Each country serves a specific purpose will have a uniqueness apart from all the countries, your goal is to eradicate the infected. As the infected your goal is pretty simple, eradicate humanity whilst evolving your own army throughout time.

FEATURES :

*Several countries to choose from (Scandanavia, Russia, England, Ireland, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Turkey, and Poland SO FAR) (With Egypt, Morocoo, and Greece to add along with others!)
*AI Supported Zombies (can also be played by players)
*HUNDREDS of new units and upgrades available to players of each side
*Large 480x480 map
*Adapted to version 1.29
*Tons of unique units (even the infected will have a few depending on their location)
*3 Zombies currently (4th one is in progress)

Credits:
Full list coming soon!

Early Screenshots:
upload_2018-4-17_21-15-28.png

upload_2018-4-17_21-15-48.png

upload_2018-4-17_21-16-9.png

**I AM SEEKING A POSSIBLE CO-DEVELOPER, PLEASE MESSAGE ME IF INTERESETED!**

IF YOU WANT TO SUPPORT, POST YOUR SUGGESTIONS BELOW OR MESSAGE ME!

Level 2
Still am working on it. Will post an update soon complete with pictures.

Things i have done since then:

*Completely New Map
*New AI system (still in the works)
*Weather effects are being worked on, trying to make them dynamic
*Age dependent events (can't have tanks spawn when you haven't even gotten out of the medieval age)
*Many many fixes

To all those requesting more interactive infected gameplay, i would like to know some more suggestions concerning this. Feel free to reply or message me, always interested in suggestions!

For the infected as of right now i have the following new units, (does not include base Eras zombie units):
*Infuser
*Flayer
*Scavenger
*Corruptor
*Behemoth
*Beast
*Bloat
*Flesh Hound
*Goliath
*Berserker
*Manticore
*Ravager
*Fiend
*Gargantua
*Spewer
*Strider
*Breacher

WIP:
*Siren

Will release pictures soon of them (next update)

I am wanting the infected to upgrade throughout time as well with the humans, so instead of the regular infected level research i am trying to think of a way to make it match the humans as they upgrade throughout time since humanity currently has renaissance, industrial, modern, and robotic ages to upgrade to.

Keep in mind that this map is fairly large at the moment, at a whopping 21MB, and will continue to grow in size as new models, textures, etc are implemented.

Thanks for reading and keep it up with suggestions and questions!

Level 1
I am all for this, please keep us updated and when we can expect a release to be pushed out.
Thanks for saving a great game, (I think someone should develop an actual game like this instead of just a WC3 map but even still, its a great game)

Level 2
I will post an update this saturday containing all of what i have been up to recently. Will include pictures and detailed descriptions.

Thanks for your support!

Level 2
UPDATE:
Before i begin on what the update is i would like to say that progress is going to be relatively slow due to the fact that college starts back up again soon and job related work will continue all along with it, not to mention other real life responsibilities. I am currently still looking for future testers and people that are skilled in triggers as well as those in JASS.

Suffice to say, if you have any advanced knowledge in the Warcraft 3 Editor or seeking to be a tester, please message me personally and we can discuss.

Now, lets move onto the real deal

So far over the past few months i have been working on a variety of sectors within the map. Listed below is all what i have accomplished within my last update:

*Brand new map

*Has America, Latin America, Mexico, Canada, South America, Larger Africa, and more. (Yes this is the map from 0.84, but i have modified it)
*2 new European countries
*Swapped some human color of countries and zombies
*5 AI or human controlled Zombies implemented
*Brand new AI system fully implemented
*Rooted out bad triggers/replaced them or deleted them
*Fixed up a couple balancing issues

Loadscreen 1.png
Load Screen #2.png

Romania.png

Greece.png

Human countries with their colors swapped are as follow:

Scandinavia is now white
Scandinavia.png

Poland is now lavender
Poland.png

Turkey is now brown
Turkey.png

Russia Flesh Hound.png

Ireland.png

The infected on the other hand also received color changes
Zombie #1 is teal
Zombie #2 is still light blue
Zombie #3 is violet

Zombie #4 is peach
Zombie Peach.png

Zombie #5 is green
Bloodfeast Green.png

I know this may not seem like a lot, but honestly it took weeks to work on the AI system itself. With these new additions comes a whole lot of testing for the future and i have found several issues:

*Crashing late game still exists (happens at random)
*Infected AI do not travel to Americas, Scandinavia, Africa, or Russia, early game (region issue i suppose)
*2 of the Infected AI refuses to research some upgrades (makes no fucking sense)
*Human units are still somewhat superior to infected, making it still an unbalanced gameplay environment.
*Tree wall glitches/missing
*Giant line of blight forms from green's base and goes straight up to scandinavia for some reason i can't explain

I am still in the process of rooting out these problems and fixing them indefinitely hoping, but with the help of others i can accomplish this a lot faster.

Below i have listed a to do list so far:
*Fix all above issues
*Implement an improved user gameplay for the infected (currently is still the old bland one, I AM SEEKING SUGGESTIONS!)
*Implement Siren for the infected
*Make human events comply with current Era human country is in
* End condition for humans and infected
*Implement the 3 African countries (Morocco, Egypt, and The Congo Republic)
*Finish new Arab architecture set for Africa and Turkey

Besides the update i would like to discuss Eras itself:

This game is completely played as i stated in my original post, but i would like to talk about what i did, starting in 2014.

The gameplay usually can last up to a few days (solo) or 5 to 6 hours in multiplayer if you have a good infected team and human team.

I have added hundreds of new units to the game both human and infected and thus come with alot of balancing to do. For some of them, i have implemented new unit sounds as well, not from warcraft 3.

My ultimate end goal for this the best version of Eras out there by combining the ideas of other mappers with the ideas of my own. And so far through 4 years of hardwork, it is coming to light finally.

I thank you all for your support and suggestions so far. I will add some more in-game combat photos and whatnot within the next week or so.

*I am currently in the works of a credit list, but i will not release it until the game is released
*Also, i will be updating the first post soon as well

Until next time,

-Joseph Seed

Level 1
I would be willing to assist with the map edits if you are interested. I work from home so I typically have a bit of free time on my hands. Send me a PM.

Level 6
Well cant wait for the update kinda unfortunate that its 1 month late. (And i understand why)
I have been working on my own Eras with group of friends so i can give you some more ideas.

• So first of all make zombies much more similiar to humans with the tech tree. Humans have for example ground units, vehicles and air units ground units usually counter air units, vehicles counter ground units and air units counter vehicles (but it does not work always like that).
  • Make smaller forests, usually expirienced humans try to make bases in forests which are difficult to destroy.
  • Give zombies some defensive building (for example these spine crawlers from starcraft 2 would be fitting, also dont give it a big range and that tentacle from forgotten one is fine as a model). Begginer zombies are having issues with early rushes and helicopter rushes so it can slightly help.
  • Make some simple cinematics for events like for england invasion, some ship will be sent from america and visit england (not in cinematic mode) and some message of type "Explorers of america came back to england, seems like they are infected."
Keep up the good work! Hopefully this will become a good map. :D
At least this message will kinda revive this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.