• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Icons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I have been making maps for a while now and i figured pretty much of it,but theres one thing that i simply cant do.When i import custom icons,they show properly,but the ''disabled'' icon (the grey one) doesnt show no matter what i do.The path im using for disabled icons is Replaceable Textures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISBTNIcon.blp
Can anyone tell me what to do?

Thanks in advance.

Level 32
Be sure that your imported DISBTNs are properly pathed and that they include proper alpha channels.

I've seen this question asked many times and wanted to offer some possible solutions.
Solution 1.
Icon Paths:
Icons must have their paths set correctly to be used in Warcraft III maps. Open World Editor's Import Manager and check to make sure you have set the right path for each icon.

We are going to use the path of a sample icon: BTNDragonBreath.
You can find it here.

icons_3976_btn.jpg

ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNDragonBreath.blp

icons_3976_disbtn.jpg

ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISBTNDragonBreath.blp
Solution 2.
Alpha Channels: Warcraft III icons must contain a 32 bit alpha channel to display properly in the game.
  • Open a faulty icon using Warcraft III Viewer.

• If the .blp icon file looks good, then it has an alpha channel. If not:

1. Convert the icon to an image file: Convert Files > BLP -> BMP, TGA or JPG.
    2. Re-convert the image file back into an icon: Convert Files > BMP, TGA or JPG -> BLP.
      Confirm that the 32 bit alpha channel is added during this step.
    3. Save the icon and import the file into a map to test it.

• [self="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=360"]
    peonforum.gif
    Very first post Japut3h? !ntroduce yourself to The Hive![/self]

Level 12
Thanks for the helpful info,but im afraid its still not working.I see the image properly in WE,so i guess the path and the alpha channels are correct (i also checked this numerous times)...in WE it looks like this:
picturejf6.jpg

But in - game when the spell is still unlearnable or when i pause the game,i only see a green square instead of the disabled spell button.Any other advice?

Level 11
Check in the "Art- Icon, Learn" section of the hero's ability. That probably has the wrong path for the icon, thus displaying a green square.

Level 32
Check in the "Art- Icon, Learn" section of the hero's ability. That probably has the wrong path for the icon, thus displaying a green square.
That might be your solution, Japut3h. Be sure the paths are correct in the appropriate Object Editor field value. Which abilities/units are you using them for?

If you attach the icons themselves (.blp files) to this thread, I will test them myself to determine the problem.

Just use the vBulletin Attachment Manager tool:
attach.gif

Level 12
I dont think it has anything to do with those specific icons,i cant make any of them show up as disabled but here :)

Attachments

• BTNAbility_Rogue_Eviscerate.blp
    10.3 KB · Views: 63
  • DISBTNAbility_Rogue_Eviscerate.blp
    8.1 KB · Views: 69
Level 32
Using the Archmage's Blizzard ability as an example, the icon does indeed work:

disbtn.jpg

However, that icon's DISBTN is incorrect anyway: it's more like a PASBTN than a DISBTN.

Here's an edited version that's more proper:

Attachments

• DISBTNAbility_Rogue_Eviscerate.blp
    6.9 KB · Views: 63
Level 11
Have you checked that the path is correct in the Art- Icon - Research? As I said before, I'm almost certain that is the problem.

Level 32
Like my screenie shows, the icon (both active and "disabled") do work.

If the DISBTN isn't working (either the passive version you've already tried or my edited disabled version) the disabled path is incorrect. Be sure it's set to:

Code:
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISBTNAbility_Rogue_Eviscerate.blp

Level 12
Still not working.No matter what i do,i still see the green square when i run the map in warcraft,but i see it properly in the editor.Am I supposed to change something in the editor?Im almost 100% sure that the path is correct.I am using WE Unlimited instead of the old WE...maybe this has something to do with it?

Level 19
I really dont suggest WEU it has very big leaks and errors
use NewGen (suggested) or normal WE

Status
Not open for further replies.