• πŸ† Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. πŸ”—Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Icons to Models Pack

Hi everyone. It's been quite a while from the last time I've uploaded something here.

Recently I've been working on a Warcraft 3 map, that has a loot drop system. My goal was to make every dropable item to have a different model, so the player could instantly recognise what item he/she has found. Of course, I needed lots of item models for that.

Most of the item models you can find for Warcraft are pretty low quality, so I decided to create some better quality items by myself.

I thought these models may be pretty useful, so I'm sharing them with you. :)

The pack contains 30 item models, 8 of them have some colour variations.
All the items use Warcraft 3 icons as textures. :peasant-ok-hand:
Potions and keys also feature some custom variations made by me, and they obviously use custom icons.

β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„
UPDATE #1 - 07.07.2019
β–€β–€β–€β–€β–€β–€β–€β–€β–€β–€β–€β–€β–€β–€β–€β–€
Fixes:
- Boots of Speed have been resized, now they're 8% smaller.

Additions:
- Added 2 brand new models: Lesser Mana Potion [comes with Lesser Rejuvenation Potion colour variation] & Monster Lure (Kodo Meat);
- Added a colour variation of the Box: Crate;
- Added 3 colour variations of the Scroll: Scroll Of Healing, Scroll Of Protection and the Scroll Of Town Portal.
UPDATE #2 - 30.03.2020
β–€β–€β–€β–€β–€β–€β–€β–€β–€β–€β–€β–€β–€β–€β–€β–€
Fixes:
- Removed unused textures from Telescope's texture list;
- Lesser Blue Potion and Lesser Rejuv Potion have been resized, now they're 10% smaller.

Additions:
- Added a Reforged version for EVERY ITEM with a custom texture.
[Since Warcraft III Reforged has all the standart icons replaced with new horrible ones, all the item models that use icons as textures look like a mess with new Reforged graphics. The 'RFRGD' versions all items will look absolutely the same as the non 'RFRGD' versions, but they'll work properly in Warcraft III Reforged]
- Added 5 brand new models: Claws of Attack, Crown of Kings, Mask of Death, Scepter of Mastery and Big Potion [comes with 3 additional colour variations];
- Added 2 new colour variations for the Lesser Potion: Lesser Green Potion and Lesser Red Potion. Both of the new variations use custom icons as textures.

Belt Of Giant Strength [for Reforged] (Model)

Big Blue Potion (Model)

Big Blue Potion [for Reforged] (Model)

Big Green Potion (Model)

Big Purple Potion (Model)

Big Purple Potion [for Reforged] (Model)

Big Red Potion (Model)

Blood Key (Model)

Blood Key [for Reforged] (Model)

Blue Potion (Model)

Boots Of Speed (Model)

Boots Of Speed [for Reforged] (Model)

Brilliance Staff (Model)

Brilliance Staff [for Reforged] (Model)

Bronze Key (Model)

BTNBronzeKey (Icon)

BTNDarkKey (Icon)

BTNMinorBluePotion (Icon)

BTNPotionGreenBig (Icon)

BTNPotionRedBig (Icon)

BTNPotionRedLesser (Icon)

BTNPotionRedMedium (Icon)

BTNRustyKey (Icon)

Circlet Of Nobility (Model)

Circlet Of Nobility [for Reforged] (Model)

Claws Of Attack (Model)

Claws Of Attack [for Reforged] (Model)

Cloak Of Shadows (Model)

Cloak Of Shadows [for Reforged] (Model)

Crown of Kings (Model)

Crown of Kings [for Reforged] (Model)

Dagger Of Escape (Model)

Dagger Of Escape [for Reforged] (Model)

Dark Key (Model)

Gauntlets Of Ogre Power (Model)

Gauntlets Of Ogre Power [for Reforged] (Model)

Gem Of True Sight (Model)

Gem Of True Sight [for Reforged] (Model)

Ghost Key (Model)

Ghost Key [for Reforged] (Model)

Greater Periapt (Model)

Greater Periapt [for Reforged] (Model)

Green Potion (Model)

Green Potion [for Reforged] (Model)

Health Stone (Model)

Health Stone [for Reforged] (Model)

Hearthstone (Pebble) (Model)

Hearthstone (Pebble) [for Reforged] (Model)

Icons to Models Pack (Model)

Leather Pauldron (Model)

Leather Pauldron [for Reforged] (Model)

Lesser Blue Potion (Model)

Lesser Blue Potion [for Reforged] (Model)

Lesser Green Potion (Model)

Lesser Periapt (Model)

Lesser Periapt [for Reforged] (Model)

Lesser Purple Potion (Model)

Lesser Purple Potion [for Reforged] (Model)

Lesser Red Potion (Model)

Mana Stone (Model)

Mana Stone [for Reforged] (Model)

Mantle Of Intelligence (Model)

Mantle Of Intelligence [for Reforged] (Model)

Mask Of Death (Model)

Mask Of Death [for Reforged] (Model)

Monster Lure (Model)

Monster Lure [for Reforged] (Model)

Moon Key (Model)

Moon Key [for Reforged] (Model)

Purple Potion (Model)

Purple Potion [for Reforged] (Model)

Red Potion (Model)

Rusty Key (Model)

Scepter Of Mastery (Model)

Scepter Of Mastery [for Reforged] (Model)

Scroll (Model)

Scroll Of Healing (Model)

Scroll Of Healing [for Reforged] (Model)

Scroll Of Protection (Model)

Scroll Of Protection [for Reforged] (Model)

Scroll Of Town Portal (Model)

Scroll Of Town Portal [for Reforged] (Model)

Scroll [for Reforged] (Model)

Slippers Of Agility (Model)

Slippers Of Agility [for Reforged] (Model)

Small Blue Potion (Model)

Small Green Potion (Model)

Small Green Potion [for Reforged] (Model)

Small Purple Potion (Model)

Small Purple Potion [for Reforged] (Model)

Small Red Potion (Model)

Small Red Potion [for Reforged] (Model)

Spell Shield Amulet (Model)

Spell Shield Amulet [for Reforged] (Model)

Sun Key (Model)

Sun Key [for Reforged] (Model)

Telescope (Model)

Telescope [for Reforged] (Model)

The Box (Model)

The Box [for Reforged] (Model)

The Crate (Model)

The Crate [for Reforged] (Model)

BTNPotionGreenLesser (Icon)

Reviews
General Frank
A wonderful collection of items, especially for RPGs or campaigns. Models work in-game and perform well. Approved. Great job!
Level 1
There is a huge potential missing here. Some of these item models could also be used as attachments. As they are, they are not suited for that purpose. Look at Primitive Ward for a way to incorporate the means to be both an item model and an attachment. An animation called "Second" is used. Or perhaps have two different models for each purpose. Two models may prove to be less restrained to use for the end user than an animation.

Of course, this may not have been your intention when creating these models. Yet, these models can be so much more. I sigh at the loss.

Level 14
There is a huge potential missing here. Some of these item models could also be used as attachments. As they are, they are not suited for that purpose. Look at Primitive Ward for a way to incorporate the means to be both an item model and an attachment. An animation called "Second" is used. Or perhaps have two different models for each purpose. Two models may prove to be less restrained to use for the end user than an animation.

Of course, this may not have been your intention when creating these models. Yet, these models can be so much more. I sigh at the loss.

Hi there! Thanks for your comment. I think that you're kinda wrong and there's no loss here.
Most of these models just can't be used as attachments.
For example, how and where are going to attach a Potion, a Scroll or a Gem? Sounds silly, right?

Of course, there are some armor and clothing like Mantle of Intelligence, Belt of Giant Strength or a Crown of Kings. They're also can't be really used as attachments due to their weird proportions, designed to precisely match items' icons. Sorry, but I'm not planning to edit any item proportions to make them suitable to attach to units.

You were right about my intentions, this pack supposed to be only a pack of item pickups.
Actually, I will think about creating some weapon attachments for 3 of these items, bcoz there won't be any problems to use them this way. I'm talking about the Brilliance Staff, the Dagger of Escape and the Scepter of Mastery.
Please, note that I am not promising to create them. :peasant-smile:

Level 6
KAIL333XZ, your items models are great and useful!
I'd like to suggest you some new items models which could be very useful on war3:

1) A Hammer. There is no Hammer model on Hive and it could he very useful because there are hammer items and some units are fighting with a hammer too.

2) An armor or even several ones. I mean a full chest armor, something like this
upload_2020-7-9_15-54-53.png
(the icon is just an example, no need to be like this one)

3) A helmet based on this icon
upload_2020-7-9_15-54-30.png
. This icon is often used for items, armors, etc. It would be great if we had a model for it.

It would be awesome if you could do these things, keep up the good work! ; )

Level 1
Hi there

Is this an error in the pack or did something go wrong in my download?

upload_2021-1-20_10-8-15.png

It's only the Scroll of Town Portal. Other scrolls look fine.

Level 1
Hmm, it works totally fine for me. Try to download the pack again and extract the Scroll of Town Portal again, then import it to your map. Btw, what version of Warcraft III are you using?

Yeah, I already tried that and it didn't help. I'm using whatever the newest version is (but not a beta-test version if there is such a thing).
It's the SD version only (meaning I didn't buy Reforged) and I have SD selected in my editor settings (it let's you choose even when you don't have Reforged).

If it's just a bug on my end (maybe some corrupted game files?) then that's okay, all the other models work great, thank you for making them :)

@Blacknet @KAIL333XZ
No, it is not only on your end. I have the same issue.
I am fairly sure that this was not present before.

upload_2021-1-28_13-54-21.png

The left one is the one in the download, the right one is one I edited.

On the left one I replaced the texture path Textures\GenericGlow2_mip1.blp with Textures\GenericGlow2b.blp.
I also added the edited one to this post.

Attachments

• ScrollOfTownPortal_Edit.mdx
    15 KB · Views: 30
Level 6
Yeah, I already tried that and it didn't help. I'm using whatever the newest version is (but not a beta-test version if there is such a thing).
It's the SD version only (meaning I didn't buy Reforged) and I have SD selected in my editor settings (it let's you choose even when you don't have Reforged).

If it's just a bug on my end (maybe some corrupted game files?) then that's okay, all the other models work great, thank you for making them :)

Hey, I had the same issue. Set the path of GenericGlow2_mip1.blp to Textures\GenericGlow2_mip1.blp when importing to your map.
Edit: Wow, just saw GeneralFrank's post. Somehow I didn't see it before. Sorry.

And while I'm at it, this pack incredibly useful and just so well done. I'm really thankful.

Level 18
Thanks for your reply.
Yes I did use that path as the readme file indicated. I mean the model, not the icon. The .mdx file has an icon/BTN .blp in the folder with it and I think that might be a mistake unless I'm confused. I just substituted the Ghost Key. Not a huge deal to me but maybe the creator would be concerned.