• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Icon] Two Custom Warden Abilties

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in need of two icons to complete a hero design for the map I'm working on. They are meant for a hero with the Warden model, and the color scheme should ideally fit with the green tones of the Shadowstrike and Avatar of Vengeance icons.

The first ability in need of an icon is a grappling chain. While there's some good icons in the database, they're all inspired by the Pudge spell, and therefore primarily red in color, which severely clashes in color with the other spell icons.
What I envision is about the following: The chain is shot from a small contraption on the Warden's wrist and the icon shows her hand, grabbing that chain and yanking on it. (See the attachment for a crude sketch of mine)

The second is somewhat simpler, for a skill in which she throws her chakram. She can change the course of the chakram while it's flying, and I need an Icon to represent just that: The chakram changing course mid-flight. Again, I've sketched a crude outline to spare me a thousand words. Got that, thanks to BloodRaven

The hero is meant for our map Forsaken: Bastions Fall. If you complete this request, you'll get +rep, most likely not only from me, but also the rest of the F:BF team, plus of course attribution for your work once it is included in our map.

Attachments

• IconDoodles.png
    IconDoodles.png
    17 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
Not quite what I wanted. For one, the hand is pretty much invisble on the finished Icon. And, slightly more importantly, the chain isn't really fitting. The links are too large, and the end is wrong (can't blame you for that, haven't specified it in the initial post). The chain should end with a triangular arrowhead, not a meat hook. It also sort of evokes the wrong sense of velocity. The spell she uses is meant to be fast, basically taking place during the animation, which is why I used the word "shot" in the initial description. It's meant to look speedy, not like she's lazily lobbing the chain head.

Without wanting to insult your effort, I think I'll keep looking. Anyone who feels like painting an Icon: Request is still open.

Status
Not open for further replies.