• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Icon Trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Im stuck in a little bit of mess here, I have some icons made for my character model but i cant seem to get them to work 100%.

I have 4 pictures (icons) and They all seem to be imported correctley but i dont know how to edit them so they show in game (using the object manager).

I have added in two so far
Art - Icon - Game Interface
Art - Icon - Score Screen

These two work perfectley fine, I am wondering where to place the other 2
I know those two are working because 2 of the four things are working in game... lol

Here is the problem ~
(when the unit is sold it goes fluro green and when the unit dies it goes fluro green)

If som1 could give me a kick in the write direction by helping me out that would be great.

Thanks for reading.

Level 8
make sure you have the DIS (e.g. DISicon.blp) prefix in your other icons (those that turn green). when you import them, change the path of the icons (war3imported\DISicon.blp) with the DIS prefix to ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISicon.blp, and i'm guessing your icon have a BTN prefix to it. :)

Level 3
I made an icon as a .tga, while trying to upload it it said it had to be a .blp so i went onto wc3 image extractor II, it had the message "Component Comdlg32.ocx or one of its dependencies not correctly registered" so i re-downloaded it, the same message. I tryed Warcraft 3 Viewer. that didn't work either so i re-downloaded it, still didnt work. i searched for another way for ages. Haven't found one, someone HELP! :csad:

ZIR

ZIR

Level 10
I've wrote this for another thread.
ZIR said:
Download the file here.
http://www.oinkerwinkle.com/tools/tu...unprogram.html
"If you do that and it you get "Component 'COMDLG32.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered a file is missing or invalid," then download that file here and put it in your C:\Windows\System\ folder."
But it don't have to be in the System folder, it have to be in the system32 folder.
And now you have to open "Run" and enter the following this line into the input line.
"regsvr32.exe "c:\windows\system32\COMDLG32.OCX""
Now it should run, or at least it worked for me.
This was forn nthe programm vertex modify but its the same error.

Level 3
Thanks, I tried it but the link doesn't work. But I found another place with it and downloaded the file from the internet. I put it in the place you said in the quote but it didn't run when I tried to change the input line. do I have to get regsvr32 and run that? was that the file on the oinkerwinkle website? or was it COMDLG32.ocx? thanks anyway

Level 3
whenever an icon goes bright green, it simply means that wc3 cannot find a .blp to put there. You just need to make all the variations of the icon and put them in the correct directories.

ex:
when a unit is not available, it has a darkened icon. this is a separate icon. You need to make one of these as well and import it.

Status
Not open for further replies.