• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Icey Caverns

Icey Caverns

Map Info:

A new cavern system have been discovered deep in the icecrown glacier at the top of northrend. Who will be able to claim it's treasure for them selvers? But beware, deep in the icey tombs lies many dangers.

Features:
  • 4 Gold Mines - 15000 Main, 12500 Expansion
  • 8 Green Creep Camps
  • 10 Orange Creep Camps
  • 2 Red Creep Camps
  • 2 Goblin Merchants
  • 2 Mercenary Camps
  • 2 Fountains of Health
  • 2 Waygates
  • 1 Tavern

Screenshots:

m90fus.png

Videos:

Author Notes:
Livestreamed from birth to upload! This was an experiment to try and make a timelapse video of a warcraft 3 melee map. The video turned out perfectly, you can see it above, as well as the map is also quite decent. Not competitive material but there's good fun to be had.

Keywords:
Bonestorm, Icecrown Glacier, Melee, 1v1, 2 Player, Snow, Icey Cavern
Contents

Icey Caverns (Map)

Reviews
14:42, 20th May 2014 Orcnet: Map approved
1. Terrain is nicely done, it is balanced and symmetric.
2. Item drops should be more balanced with the creeps level though but as for this, it's ok.
3. Nice use of water tinting color. You might want to use terrain fog and global weather.
4. Creeps are well placed.
5. Environmental doodads and the like are well placed, too.

With all these, I therefore vote for approval with a 3/5 rating.

Level 16
Really? I Think this got the perfect amount of doodads. Not too many and not too little. I know some people like to go all out crazy with them, but that is not my style. I try to mix them together with the tileset, use them as filler where it's needed and in corners where they don't get too much in the way of gameplay. Open spaces of just a few mixed tiles i'm totally okay with, as long as it doesn't stretch the whole screen.

Level 16
I dunno about this one... I like your work, I really do, but the waygates in a 96x96 map kinda ruined it for me. it's a nice change of strategy, but I personally edited it out and I ended up liking it more.

As for everything else. Creeps are great, doodad placement was near perfect imo, I wouldn't add anything else to it. (I would just remove the Way gates :( )
But hey don't do it because I only said it! Please don't I am no where near the best ladder player!