• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Icethorn Mountain [1.4]

Icethorn Mountain

By Zada

Information

Cloaked underneath a thick raging blizzard rests ships of ill-fated armies. Surviving brigades must now explore and strive, for around the freezing dead volcano lay the roost of a great dragon. Prepare to rush or be rushed! The center of the volcano can only be reached by zeppelins, the risk is high but yields a great reward.

Overview

126063-fffeb7ac03aab299366a04c14e415e05.png

Changelog

Version 1.4
Distributed drops among blue dragons
Balanced all drops among creep camps
Removed critter drops except for a lucky one
Removed a few trees in starting locations for a bit more space
Increased gold in expansion mines to 17500

Version 1.3
Changed the middle part to act as an extinct volcano with dragons and a dragon roost
Changed fountain of health creeps to mammoths

Version 1.2
Added a 'light fog' with terrain fog

Version 1.1
Fixed creep camp drops
Fixed expansion Mines gold amount

Version 1.0
Release Version

Author's Note

Pretty concernced on the number of fountains, but anyways here it is!
Contents

Icethorn Mountain [1.4] (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
1. Exposed Gold Mines should contain more gold, methinks. 2. Building inside the starting zone might get cluttered. 3. Night light/vision is kind of dark. Set to Approved. ============================================== Always check/recheck the Map...
Level 14
Pretty cool map you have there here's my review

1.Terrain looks good looking to me
2.There seems to be no problem with the map
3.Item are well balanced
4.Weather is too anoying make the game small lagging when recording it maybe you can make the weather Notherend Snow (Light)

Rated the map 5/5

=======================================================

Overall the map looks awsome I there seems to be no problem with the terrain and the items are well balanced.Maybe you could lightened the snow a bit it looks annoying to me.Experienced lagging in the game but no problem at all.I will upload a video of my review soon in youtube so keep up the good work!

Good luck to this map approved!

Level 5
Pretty cool map you have there here's my review

1.Terrain looks good looking to me
2.There seems to be no problem with the map
3.Item are well balanced
4.Weather is too anoying make the game small lagging when recording it maybe you can make the weather Notherend Snow (Light)

Rated the map 5/5

=======================================================

Overall the map looks awsome I there seems to be no problem with the terrain and the items are well balanced.Maybe you could lightened the snow a bit it looks annoying to me.Experienced lagging in the game but no problem at all.I will upload a video of my review soon in youtube so keep up the good work!

Good luck to this map approved!

Thnx again for the review. Although I'd like to keep the weather since it matches the theme, but you could always change your video settings to medium or low. :D

Level 11
Here are some pros and cons.
  • Remove item drops from critters
  • Two Marketplaces are alot ( either remove one or add creeps to both )
  • AI works
  • Terrain looks fine
  • The level 10 dragon in the middle drops 3 items if i'm not mistaken, it should drop one ( you could split other items for level 6 dragons near him )
  • Somewhat overpowered drops ( you could reduce the quality of the drops on some red camps )
These matter if this was intended as a melee map.

Level 5
Here are some pros and cons.
  • Remove item drops from critters
  • Two Marketplaces are alot ( either remove one or add creeps to both )
  • AI works
  • Terrain looks fine
  • The level 10 dragon in the middle drops 3 items if i'm not mistaken, it should drop one ( you could split other items for level 6 dragons near him )
  • Somewhat overpowered drops ( you could reduce the quality of the drops on some red camps )
These matter if this was intended as a melee map.

1. Exposed Gold Mines should contain more gold, methinks.
2. Building inside the starting zone might get cluttered.
3. Night light/vision is kind of dark.

Set to Approved.

==============================================

Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map Submission Rules)

If you want more reviews, come here:
The Grand Review Exchange!

Thnx for the reviews! I made some changes regarding your suggestions. :)

Level 7
Nice little map, jealous of your terraining skills :)

Perhaps have two versions, one that conforms to melee map standards such as no items on passive units, because thats a fun little extra mechanic in a non-serious game.