• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Icecrown Black Crystal Skin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
Making the crystal doodad models both black and transparent is a bit of a tricky business and would require more than just a skin edit; I would also have to change the filter mode in the material layers in each crystal variation. I'll see what I can do, but I don't know whether I can make it look exactly how you imagined.

EDIT: Try this.

P.S. The crystal models have terrible UV wrap.

Attachments

• Black_Crystal0.mdx
    6 KB · Views: 23
  • BlackCrystal.blp
    111.4 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Reactions: Edy

Edy

Edy

Level 9
Making the crystal doodad models both black and transparent is a bit of a tricky business and would require more than just a skin edit; I would also have to change the filter mode in the material layers in each crystal variation. I'll see what I can do, but I don't know whether I can make it look exactly how you imagined.

EDIT: Try this.

P.S. The crystal models have terrible UV wrap.

So this is like a custom model with a custom skin.No need to use custom paths in import manager?

Level 21
Any way u can make this skin replace the default texture
Unfortunately, as I already said, it's not possible to make the crystals black and transparent without also editing the models themselves.
So I can get all the model variations. This one is perfect.
Since you liked the test/demo model, here are the other variations.

Attachments

• BlackCrystals.rar
    112 KB · Views: 24
Status
Not open for further replies.