• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

I want to post a video of my map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hi, I'm thinking of adding a video of my map to my project development thread, but I'm not sure of the best way to edit it. Is it better to have a short video that just briefly goes over the different game play styles and systems of the map, or is it better to have a video of a whole game? My game starts out kind of slow, but becomes very fast paced once people have captured enough land for a decent income.

Also, is better to narrate whats going on or just pan back and forth to different things going on in the map and not say anything? I have a webcam mic so its not the best quality.

What do you guys prefer in a video? Thanks, any comments are appreciated!

Level 21
It would probably be better to just show short highlights of some of the unique features in your map to attract attention to it. People can get the full experience by actually playing your map :psmile:

And only narrate what's going on if you feel like you have a very clear and defined voice for people to easily follow. Some audio programs (I use WavePad) have noise reduction which makes scratchy sounds or internal microphone speech come out sounding decent. I would personally prefer just seeing the features for myself if they were obvious enough through visuals alone, but you can always add a bit of text if something isn't obvious in the footage.

Level 10
Thanks! Making a video is harder than i thought. I decided to just go with 20 minutes of middle of the game gamplay because that's where all the action happened. It shows several battles and a lot of different units and their abilities. I didn't narrate it, but I might put a few captions explaining the unit counters and the abilities that the heroes are using.

Status
Not open for further replies.