• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

I use Autodest 3dmax 2010 to create a medel but I can't import model help me please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I use Autodest 3dmax 2010 to create a medel but I can't import model help me please.
Please teach me step by step:goblin_cry:

Level 3
what pluggin are you using?, some of them have a checkbox, something like
|activate skin (create skin)|, when I try to do this i use "MDX importer pluggin"(with create skin option activated) but usually fails skining so i must re-skin (importing again with create skin check box disabled ) the model over the bones and then apply the animations ,and thats it. (previously creating the note track)then Export it using the neodex 1.0

Edit - forgot about texture mapping, usually texture mapping coordinates should be ok during importation, the only thing I do is to apply a unwrap modifier to the mesh ,for matterials I have to change the blp's to tga's (or you can use your own textures as tga an later convert it in blp) then I use the material editor >> warcraft III material (comes with neodex) I can modify the textures the meshs and everything, then the final step is completed in magos model editor , thats because neodex exports a MDL file and some texture paths must be fixed ( because war3mapimported is added to all texture paths) in this step you can add the animated textures and once the model is working correctly I save it as MDX format and finish my job XD... I hope that this helps

Level 2
How to import weapon by use model editor????

I just use model editor to remove arrow from archer now I have new arrow for my new archer but I don't know how to import it by use model editor.:vw_wtf:

Exporting and Importing Geosets Using Magos Model Editor

What you need is a geoset of that arrow.
Exporting and Importing Geosets
1. Click windows > geoset manager.
2. A window will pop-up showing all the geosets of the model you have opened. Right click anywhere inside the window where the geosets appear.
3. Click Import then find the arrow geoset.

If you have not exported the geoset of the arrow, you have to export it first.
1. Open the arrow model that you have created. Be sure that you only have a single geoset for that model.
2. Click windows > geoset manager.
3. Click export. Find the folder where you want to export your geoset. Re-name the geoset if you like for easy finding. Now, its time for you to do the above steps.

Level 2
Help me please I have the big project about Thai tales and It has long story with fantasy I really want to make It alive. Now I have to make model first.

Level 2
I have two .mdx files It's the unit model and the arrow model how can I merge it.

I have two .mdx files It's the hero model and the arrow model how can I merge it.I use geoset merger but I arrow doesn't animate. What can I do .I just use Heroblademaster as a model and I trasfer anmation from acher to Blademaster Model and I want to the arrow to him to.

- Use the Geoset merger and make sure you input the correct bone name.
- Open your model in War3 Model Editor, go to Windows -> Geoset Manager and find out which geoset corresponds to the one you just merged.
- Go to windows -> Geoset Animation Manager, right-click and select "Create New" (or whatever it says). Under the Geoset ID, choose the geoset that you had merged.

Then you can open the model in either Mdlvis or Oinkerwinkle's Vertex Modifier to properly position the geoset. If I recall correctly, that should make the geoset properly animate.

However, the problem you are describing seems a bit more complicated. You will want to first check our tutorial section for a tutorial on how to do animation transfers. After that then you can deal with the geoset problems.

Level 2
how to move bowstring

I just import the arrow for my model but when I import geoset of bowstring It's not animate how to create bone for it.and what bone that relate to bowstring animate.:vw_wtf::ogre_rage::goblin_wtf:

You have to read the replies.
When I create my archers, I use the animations of any archers in War3 mpqs and add some that might be needed. The most needed animation for your model is the attack animation of an archer. Try to transfer that to your model. You will need some adjustments in some animations, remember it. you will also need to animate the string of the bow by adding a bone attached into the vertices found at the strings middle part. Try to read the tutorials like PurgeandFire said.

Status
Not open for further replies.