• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I think I broke something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
So there I was, making some maps on my old buggy computer. I went to sleep, woke up, and continued with work (as you do when there's no school :D). Everything was fine until I wanted to make a new ability.

When this happened:
ThinksBrokeSomething.png

:vw_death:

If you're wondering what that mess is... it's a conglomeration of multiple screenshots of the same ability. You know, the "Object Editor" panel where you edit an ability's art, effect, sound, stats, cooldown, duration, mana cost, etc :D

This is the Human Priest - Heal ability, to be exact.

It seems like every single option an ability can have is showing, I just don't know how or why. The list is very long. VERY. (you can see the amount of options from the size of the slider on the right side of each screenshot)

And this happens with EVERY ABILITY I try to make now. The ones I made before still have their usual options (each ability has usually like 8 Data-sth options).

I don't know how this happened. Is it a bug that my virus-ridden computer might have created by something getting corrupted (the editor was open for 10 hours while I was asleep)? Or is it actually an editor setting that I've just managed to miss before?

Anyway, just thought this might be interesting to you guys :D

Level 14
This, is VERY relevant to my interests.

I would really like to know how this could've happened!
It would drastically improve ability creation if this is in fact possible.
Some hidden hotkey perhaps?

Level 7
Now I'm afraid to close my Editor because it might go away x.x

I don't know what made it happen, BUT, possibly, it has something to do with the fact that the map I'm opening is accessed through the Campaign manager, and that I've been editing units / abilities in the campaign manager (which edits units for all maps in the campaign) and the regular map-specific object manager simultaneously.

*shrug*

Level 7
Mhm, it's a final. Changing the stats there doesn't change anything. =(

Also, I tried the "display values as raw data" view, and it seems that some of the data overlaps. The Data marks only go as far as to F<No.>, which means that even if the abilities would actually reference this data, it would overlap and possibly crash the game =(

BUT, since now we see that every single ability actually has this data, it's just null and pointless, it might be possible to reference data with scripted triggers. (if, for example, an ability uses only DataA through DataD, that would basically allow you to reference the rest of the Data in triggers. Just a thought, anyway :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.