• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

I still need serious help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
i asked how to put stuff in the game like models an stuff an i go a replie but a dont understand a word the other person typed so can someone plz give me a detailed explanation thx.

Level 13
First of all, next time repost your question in the same post. That way it doesn't 'clog up' the forum and people don't have to refer back to your original post for the answer.

To import skins/icons/models into the World Editor do the following:
1) Import the skin/icon/model by using the Import Manager in the World Editor. You can access it by clicking the icon of a arrow going into a paper in the toolbar.

2) Right-click the imported file and click Modify File Properties.

3) Click the checkbox by Use Custom Path and change the filepath in the box above to the one specified (when you download a skin/icon/model from this site it tells you the proper path on the preview screen with the link you're downloading from).

4) If it's a model, go into the Object Editor and specify the Imported File on the unit you want it to be on by Art - Model. If it's an icon do the same thing, just specify it by Art - Icon.

5) Save your map and exit the World Editor. Turn it on again and you should see the skin/icon/model on the unit.

I hope I'm making myself more clear this time.

Level 2
Look I know am bein an ass but this shity thing still isnt working ave tried to import lke u told me but it aint workin am sorry but can u mabey tell me again Im really sorry about this am an ass hole

Level 1
Ok, I think I get it, but Im having trouble in some points.

Go find a model you like. Download it. Look on the page for the path, like for the militia archer (I got this one working, so you try it: http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Models&ID=149&sid=36480220fadea1f9781a956996ce9e63 )
the path would be: units\Human\Militia\PeasantMilitia.blp
So, you go to import manager, import the MODEL (not the icon, that is seperate. make sure it says model under type). Then, change the path to what I said.
When you go into the object editor, that will now be a choice (under, imported). Apply that to a unit, restart world editor and it should work.

Now, if anyone can help ME, i would be gratefull. Some models, say, the pirate cannon, have a list of a bunch of skins. How do you use them all on one model? Im really confused on that.

Level 2
I got it to work but can someone plz tell me how the hell I see the damn thing rather than it be a shadow in the game or a boxx in world editor plz send a replie back soon cause am gettin kinda ticked off with this damn thing thx :!:

Level 3
hmm

I know....I sometimes get black blobs in the actual game, but, they look the way they are supposed to in the world editor. I also cannot get nerzhul arthas to work.

Also, is there any way to get the correct path, because I downloaded it from a different site that doesn't have the pathways.

Thanks if anyone is willing to help

P.S. I hate stupid posts....please only post if you are going to help

Level 2
i dled it from a different site too, cant remember the name but on that site the path was units\undead\Evilarthas
but i dont knw which site you dled it form so it could be different

Status
Not open for further replies.