• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

help with putting models into maps plz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
can u tell me how to do this plz. I know that there are other posts on how to do this but i dont understand what they mean so could u give me a detailed explanation on how to do it like telling me to go to the top n click on tools then something etc.

Level 2
To import skins/icons/models into the World Editor do the following:
1) Import the skin/icon/model by using the Import Manager in the World Editor. You can access it by clicking the icon of a arrow going into a paper in the toolbar.

2) Right-click the imported file and click Modify File Properties.

3) Click the checkbox by Use Custom Path and change the filepath in the box above to the one specified (when you download a skin/icon/model from this site it tells you the proper path on the preview screen with the link you're downloading from).

4) If it's a model, go into the Object Editor and specify the Imported File on the unit you want it to be on by Art - Model. If it's an icon do the same thing, just specify it by Art - Icon.

5) Save your map and exit the World Editor. Turn it on again and you should see the skin/icon/model on the unit.

:D Hope I helped you get what ur looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.