• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I still can't upload enything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Ok, I've talked about this problem a few times before.

I can't upload anything anymore (since a few months).

When I try to submit something, I just do the usual add/update resources, click on the add new map, select my map, click on submit....and wait....wait...wait longer....wait a lot longer, and then it says that the page cannot be loaded.

I've tried several things:
-tried uploading when there where only a few people online (34 members or something)....didn't work
-place the uploading PC in the DMZ (all router ports open)....didn't work.
-use another browser (FireFox, Mozilla, Netscape) tried em all....but also didn't work.

I still got some real nice stuff to upload, but I somehow can't anymore....

So why can't I upload anything?! :evil:
(and no, the maps aren't extremely big...about 12meg or something, and there are maps a lot bigger)

Level 12
If your file is a campaign, you could try submitting the files seperately. Otherwise, there's Vexorian's map compressor.

Level 2
@Deathbringer:

I PM'ed Darky a few times, but never got any replies anymore.

@SeaGull1723:

Where can I get that map-compressor, and how does it work? (and can the compressed map be used even if you don't have that Vexorian thing?)

Submitting the files speratly isn't nice, than my whole campaign is wrecked...what would be a pitty :wink:

Where can I get that map-compressor
in the tools section.
and can the compressed map be used even if you don't have that Vexorian thing?
the program is an application that compresses maps. e.x. you have a 10 mb. map, it'll shrink it down to like 3. ( :? im not really sure about that. don't have the tool).

I PM'ed Darky a few times, but never got any replies anymore.

welcome to everyone else's wc3search world.

Level 2
Ok, I found the map-compressor.

Vexorian says that he has an updated version with a link to it (link is ofcourse dead....)

So I tried the 'older' program.

It works, but the maps don't get much smaller, so the campaign will still remain above the 10megs. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.