• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I can't upload resources (A server error occurred)

Level 20
I've made a skin, but I can't upload it. Every time I click "Post Bundle", it says "Oops! We ran into some problems. A server error occurred. Please try again later." Here is a screenshot of the error:
Screenshot 2023-10-27 at 12-39-13 Post new texture.png

I wanted to upload it yesterday, got this error message, so I decided to wait, but I'm getting the same error today as well. I tried to upload it in Firefox and Edge, but got the same error in both. Can anyone help me?

Level 20
Okay, I see the problem! The fact that I'm trying to upload a .tif file instead of a .dds causes an error. The problem is, in Reforged, jainasea.mdx uses .tif textures, it doesn't work if you import .dds. Here is a video of the problem:
As you can see, if I upload a .dds, there is no error, but jainasea.mdx uses .tif files... so the skin won't work if I upload it as .dds.
I could upload a modified version of the vanilla jainasea.mdx, that uses .dds instead of .tif files, but it wouldn't be too convenient, since the .tif texture would work with other models as well, like: Jaina "Daughter of the Sea" Reforged Skin Dismounted
I've attached the .tif files, I hope they'll help in solving this issue.

Attachments

• Jaina_Main_Diffuse.tif
    22.4 MB · Views: 2
  • Jaina_Main_Emissive.tif
    12.2 MB · Views: 2
  • Jaina_Staff_Diffuse.tif
    4.8 MB · Views: 3

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Investigating this right now.

Apparently these TIFFs contain multiple images. The simplest solution (for me) is to just use the first image inside for the preview.

Do TIFFs Reforged textures always contain multiple images?

See attached images. They came from Jaina_Main_Diffuse.tif.

Attachments

• test-0.jpg
    test-0.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 7
  • test-1.jpg
    test-1.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 8
Last edited: