• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I require help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I want to make a Dungeon Map, need help with Triggers

So, I want to create a dungeon map. The problem is, I don't know how. I want, when an unit enters a room, all doors close, some units spawn and, after all units are dead, one of the doors opens, and the player is forced to proceed to another room, where the whole thing repeats.

What I can't do is, making triggers for every area would take ages and a lot of space (It's a big dungeon), I want to make one trigger for all the areas, but I don't know how. I tried "If a unit enters a region", but then I would need to make one trigger for all region.

Any ideas? Suggestions?

Last edited:
Level 11
it will only cost maybe a 100 kb not megabytes

and there is no other way but that :)

Level 7
Ah, repetitive tasks. Gotta love 'em. I remember when i was an itty-bitty nubling and i was trying to make a respawn system for one of my maps, so i made a 1 trigger for every group of creeps that was on the map. It took about like 8 hours to make lol. And then, when i tested it, they didnt work :D

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Reduce procedural coupling. The remaining code will be very compact.

If all dungeon rooms are the same, design a system which uses the same code for all rooms. Using variables and hashtables can help with this.

By doing this, it allows you to change how all rooms respond (eg in the case of a bug) without having to make the same changes 100s of times (which opens up an error where you might overlook implementing a change).

Status
Not open for further replies.