• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

I Need Trigger Help please...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I Need Help For A Trigger In My Maps.
Like In Mazes If You Touch An Patrolling Unit Or Something You Die.
How To Do This??
please help

Level 8
Easiest way to do..

Trigger 1.

Event:map initialisation ( or whenever you want to add the unit to the group which kills the player when hes touching it)
Boolream:/
Event: Add *thepatrolingunit* to PatrolGroup

Trigger 2.

Event:player1 choices a unit
Player2 choices a unit
and so on with all players who could be killed when they touch them
Boolream:Triggering unit is in PatrolGroup equal to true
Event:player-Defeat Triggering player show dialoges show scores

Level 22
ok, heres another way. just make a custom aura ability without effects and 100 range (and targets: enemy, not self)

events: map initiization
conditonos: -----
actions: pick every unit in playable map area owned by player (enemy) and add aura abiliy

events: every 0.01 sec of the game
conditons: -----
actions: pick every unit in playable map area with the buff of the aura and kill picked unit

Level 2
Its A Good Way But I Cant Find
'pick every unit in playable map area with the buff of the aura and kill picked unit'
Please Say Where It Is

-TornadoFlame

Level 1
Hi! I'm new here so I'm adjusting. I'm currently on mapping... I think I can help you...

First thing first. Create a variable called "PatrolGroup (Unit Group or Unit)" then use this trigger.

Pur first the unit in the PatrolGroup variable

If the patrolling unit is in the map, then:

Events
A unit comes within (100) range of (Your patrolling unit)
Condition
---Nothing Here---
Actions
Unit - Kill (Triggering Unit) --->If only you will just kill the unit
Game - Defeat --->If you want to kick the player from the game.

Else, if the unit will be created in-game, use this:
YOU NEED DUMMY UNIT FOR THIS.
Events
(The time where you want to create the unit)
Conditions
---Nothing Here---
Actions
Unit - Create (Your patrolling unit) at (where you want to put the unit) facing (Default building facing) degrees
Set "PatrolGroup" = (last created unit) ---> if the variable is a Unit
Unit Group - Put (last created unit) on (PatrolGroup) ---> if the variable is a Unit-Group
Unit - Create 1 (Dummy Unit) at a range of (the range of the patrol) with offset 100.00 (or something) from PatrolGroup --> i forgot about this part. I'll check when I get home.
Unit - Order PatrolGroup to Patrol at Position of last created unit (or store the the dummy unit in a variable if you like.)

Then, do this new trigger:

Events
A unit comes within (100) range of (PatrolGroup)
Condition
---Nothing Here---
Actions
Unit - Kill (Triggering Unit) --->If you want to kill the unit
Game - Defeat --->If you want to kick the player from the game.

Level 24
haha you don't need triggers just make a custom permanent immolation that does like 90000 damage per second and has a range of like 50 or w/e

Level 24
lol I am what you get when you mix wicked intelligence, laziness to the point of being a sin, and ADD
glad to spread new and different ideas =Þ

Status
Not open for further replies.