• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] I need some help with kidnapping system

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrRious

M

MrRious

I'm making a level in which you play as the Orcs and have to pillage villages and send villagers to a region inside of your base to sacrifice them.

The sacrificing system works quite well, but then I understood that noone would want to sacrifice themselves for the demons by his own will.

The current system works that if you destroy a farm, a villager appears who goes to your base. (But just as i've said, noone would want to do that by their own will.)

What I want to do is that you have to protect the villagers or your enemies will rescue them (if they get close enough and you wont be near them)

Level 24
Why not replicate the Blood elf campaign when they tried to rescue their caged Illidan?

Otherwise just say use an aura that only affects neutral units, and periodically check if the unit has allies or enemies buff, and update their current orders when they have either, or completely stop when they have both.

MrRious

M

MrRious

Why not replicate the Blood elf campaign when they tried to rescue their caged Illidan?

Otherwise just say use an aura that only affects neutral units, and periodically check if the unit has allies or enemies buff, and update their current orders when they have either, or completely stop when they have both.

I really like the idea with the aura. I think it will work perfectly, because villagers are everyone's allies.

Status
Not open for further replies.