• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I need some help plz.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Yo. I tried to look up things in some downloaded maps, but I couldn't open them with the WE, nor with WE Unlimited. It says something about an invalid trigger or function or something. Why is that? Are those maps procteted, or what? I got the same problem with at least 3 maps...
I'm not trying to change anything on those maps, btw, just want to know, how they got some cool abilities working!

Level 4
Sounds like those are protected maps.

If you just want to know how an ability works, why don't you email the creator of the map and ask him/her?

As a map-maker myself, I know I like receiving mail from fans. And many mappers will share information if you just ask.

Otherwise, you'll have to extract the JASS from the map. Figuring out how to do that is like a test which indicates if you deserve to see it.

Level 5
comment_master said:
Thank dude but 1 question if i wanna only extract some cool icon from a protected map how i do????? it my last question

Darky28 said use WinMPQ to do that ! try it and see, i never tried :!:

Status
Not open for further replies.